JORBA Fest Recap

RNG1

It seems that someone replaced my wonderful wife with an evil duplicate that wanted nothing to do with going/letting me go.

QUOTE]

Man that is great:rofl:That poltergeist has shown its face in my house a time or two, sorry it had to happen on this day. We should form a support group!:D

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
What a nice thing to say....thanks on behalf of all the JORBA folk for everyones kind words.:)

Its all good. We all love the sport, but the men & women that DONATE their time to advocate on our collective behalf, coordinate TLC for the trails, and arrange huge fat tire fests deserve a special nod.

Keep up the outstanding work guys!! I just renewed my membership! (And I'm trying to convert the sticker into a window cling so's I don't spoil the paint on my phat whip)

Last edited:

tommyjay

Not-So-Venerable Asshat
It seems that someone replaced my wonderful wife with an evil duplicate that wanted nothing to do with going/letting me go.

QUOTE]

Man that is great:rofl:That poltergeist has shown its face in my house a time or two, sorry it had to happen on this day. We should form a support group!:D

Indeed we should...Freakishly Upredictable and Cranky Significant Others.......FUCSO, I like the sound of that.:hysterica

N

NMBPmike

Top this?

had a blast, sorry i didnt get the opportunity to show the movie Klunkerz due to power issues, but hey we have next year!.. I was the guy in the viking hat... next year tandem skinny contest...:D

Wheels on the downside..

later
MF

RNG1

Indeed we should...Freakishly Upredictable and Cranky Significant Others.......FUCSO, I like the sound of that.:hysterica

That is good as it is not bashing a particular gender, I wouldn't want it to sound like the he man boys club. Being realistic are there really any women out there that would have this condition to have to deal with?

Sweaty Betty

Thanks to all of the committee members, volunteers and sponsors who helped to make this a great event. I was expecting to see maybe 100 people, wow, amazing turnout. I also have to give a huge thank you to the guys at Montclair Bikery for hooking me up with a sweet deal on a Trek Fuel EX 9.0...I had been lusting after that bike for months!

Takedown

Here is some pics I took of the skinnies :).

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 106
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 93
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 88
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 89
  • pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 93

Takedown

Beginners ride, had a great time. I cannot wait to next year so I can graduate to the intermediate ride :)

Attachments

• pic6.jpg
    pic6.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 94
  • pic7.jpg
    pic7.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 94
  • pic8.jpg
    pic8.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 95
  • pic11.jpg
    pic11.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 95

sixseven

I had a great time. My GF had a great time. It was a perfect day.
I met some great people from MTBNJ...Kitecrasher, Racerchick, DD, Karen and a bunch of others from the forums. It was a really perfect event.
Only one real disappointment, I had it in my mind that Norm was a fat guy.
He wasn't!

sixseven

one other thing...
HUMAN VISE RULED!!!!
Next year will you come back and bend up some department store bikes?

JeffSpicoli

had a blast, sorry i didnt get the opportunity to show the movie Klunkerz due to power issues, but hey we have next year!.. I was the guy in the viking hat... next year tandem skinny contest...:D

Wheels on the downside..

later
MF

You looked like Thor on an MTB....Very Impressive....:D

HumanVise

Hey thanks guys, it was fun!

I do occasionally get mauled and torn up by the kids....they're pretty fearless and think nothing of crawling under me during a show in search of a souvenir. Haven't dropped anything on anybody yet.

I actually did mangle a junker bike over at the Marty's tent after the show. It was fun, and I would like to do more of that. I'm sure somebody has some pictures of that.

dualfisted

train, train train.....

Beginners ride, had a great time. I cannot wait to next year so I can graduate to the intermediate ride :)

Better put some miles on the bike and work on climbing. I did both intermediate rides and was spent after the first ten miler, dunno how I made the second ride. Both had a couple of nasty climbs on them, not super long as far as sustained climbing goes but I definately made use of my granny gear. I applaud anyone who did it on an SS. It was fun as hell though and I can't wait to get back to the Mooch now.

KenS

JORBA: Director
JORBA.ORG
Anyone remember the name of the rockabilly band at the fest? Dissapointment, stratocaster, ...anyone?

Top Bottom