Halter's Cycles

I've been a Halter's customer for just about a decade. I have purchased a few bikes, many parts, accessories and services and spent a countless amount of time just hanging out listening to music and staring at other peoples bikes.

Today's visit was different. Today I went in and purchased a bike for my (soon to be) step daughter. I have to admit it was a weird feeling leaving the shop without something for myself. As busy as the shop was, even at 11 am, Jay took the time to not only fit Camryn on her new whip but help her learn how to ride on two wheels. YES, Jay was running in the parking lot chasing after Cam helping her stay up on two wheels...in flip flops none the less. Thank you man.

The bike aside, Jay gave Cam the gift and a memory of a skill that will last a lifetime...

Its about so much more than just the bikes here at Halter's ....

Laden with gratitude,

Buddy

Last edited:
Over the past 16 months my family and I have had great experiences with our purchases from Halters. Jason adds that personal touch that you just don't get anywhere else.

I've been throwing around the idea of picking up a CX or road bike for a while and knew J would steer my in the right direction. He set me up with a killer deal on a 2012 Salsa Chili Con Crosso w/component changes/upgrades and I couldn't be happier.

As busy as the store was yesterday a big thanks to Ben/Tripp and BJ for getting me out the door with my new toy. I owe you all lunch when I come down next week.

And a shout out to Mr. Pearl, it was nice meeting you.

Over the past 16 months my family and I have had great experiences with our purchases from Halters. Jason adds that personal touch that you just don't get anywhere else.

I've been throwing around the idea of picking up a CX or road bike for a while and knew J would steer my in the right direction. He set me up with a killer deal on a 2012 Salsa Chili Con Crosso w/component changes/upgrades and I couldn't be happier.

As busy as the store was yesterday a big thanks to Ben/Tripp and BJ for getting me out the door with my new toy. I owe you all lunch when I come down next week.

And a shout out to Mr. Pearl, it was nice meeting you.

Thanks man!

This totally made my day.

This was a really tough day for me too.

j

I will keep it short... My sister got laid off from Jefferies, her bike was stolen and had half her face reconstructed... This all happened in the span of a year and a half... She left Halters yesterday looking the happiest she has in a long while... Yes her new bike is all that but most importantly she left with the feeling that someone cared... I can't express how much that meant to me... Thanks my friend

I will keep it short... My sister got laid off from Jefferies, her bike was stolen and had half her face reconstructed... This all happened in the span of a year and a half... She left Halters yesterday looking the happiest she has in a long while... Yes her new bike is all that but most importantly she left with the feeling that someone cared... I can't express how much that meant to me... Thanks my friend

This is awesome Spence...

Shoutout to Zach

Just a shout out to Zach over there. I came in twice to see a Revel 29er, and he knew every inch of that bike, and was a great salesman. Unfortunately I did not have the cash flow for clip less pedals and shoes but he continued to tell me the upside of getting that put on my bike.
He not once got cocky about his riding skill (which another kid did when I asked him), and Zach made me comfortable throughout the entire process.

Cannot wait to come back and get the clip less pedals and shoes, and probably much much more.

I also want to give a very big shout out to Jay and Halters for my new Cannondale Scalpel 3 purchase. The entire sale went very smoothly and bike was delivered as promised. Jay also talked me in to getting rid of riding w/ flat petals and going to clips and, I must say, it was super easy to learn and make the change. Halters is 45 minutes from my house and there are at least 3 shops closer but I'm glad I want to Halters. Plus, Jay and his people built Six Mile so this is another way of paying them back.

My first visit to Halter's did not disappoint. Although it was a no sale, (despite insane pricing the Scalpel isn't exactly what I'm looking for but Lefty...) Tripp and crew took excellent care of me. At one point I had three, $3-5000 bikes strewn about outside and Tripp didn't even bother to watch me, just let me play around.:D They even assembled one of the right size/frame combo while I was there. (I told them not needed, but they did it anyway). Only bummer was not getting to meet Jdog.
Thanks guys.

Once again, a wonderful experience at Halter's. Made the hour drive down to Halter's to check out a '13 F29 Carbon 2. They gave me a killer deal and even better service.

Allen, Trip, and crew did not disappoint. They swapped out some components with my old bike without a blink and even swapped out cleats on my shoes (Another shop installed the wrong ones and I didn't have the correct wrenches with me).

Bottom line - They're all great people. J hires great managers, mechanics and everywhere in between. They go above and beyond and offer amazing prices on a great selection of bikes and gear.

Halters Salsa Warbird 2 - Fast orange gravel grinder

Thanks to the crew at Halters Cycles - repeat customer satisfaction again
Halters bike #6 - The Warbird 2 - the steps to delighting the customer
1. Properly ID customer needs and make proper recommendations (Jason, Alan, Tripp, Cody)
2. Out of the box professional assembly (Tripp)
3. Full design and component preview (Cody)
4. Component additions, adjustments and proper fit (Jason)

Now looking for some gravel to spin some new wheels on!

Bill F.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 57
Spring Cleaning

Time to clear out the remaining winter gear.

40% off all the winter gear on hand.

Gore bike wear
Castelli
Pearl Izumi
Lake shoes
Giordanna

etc..

Also worth noting.. 20% off all 2013 Giant bikes on hand.
Not posted in shop, but just ask for it. :)

Enjoy

J

Get a move on

Heads up!

We are moving our shop to Montgomery at the intersection of rte 518 and 206.

Directly across from the Tigers Tale. http://www.tigerstalenj.com/

More info to follow, but this is a done deal. Look for this change late this summer.

j

I just mentioned the move to a coworker: "I have some bad news for your bank account!" He lives around the corner and is in that shopping center at least once a week. He agreed. :p

Back
Top Bottom