Gas powered bikes?

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Interesting, I didn't realize this. I have a '74 360 stashed in my dad's garage. After riding it around as my first street moto, I prepped it for storage and stashed it in there when I got my red Yamaha.
Oh damn! Let’s see it!

Biggest CB360 issue is oil starvation. The top ends are known to get fried, especially when pushed hard.

grilledcheeseking

Oh damn! Let’s see it!

Biggest CB360 issue is oil starvation. The top ends are known to get fried, especially when pushed hard.
Good to know. I think being air cooled they also tend to heat up if you lug them under a load e.g. lower RPM going up hill. I remember my old man explaining to me that the intake air actually contributes to cooling. That + oil starvation is no good!

michvin

I love the scramblers! My next bike is already on my mind. Love the retro look but want something that can at least handle the gravel roads around me here in Hillsborough. On the list is the Triumph Tiger, the Scrambler. Ducati Desert Storm, or a proper dual sport.

High quality problems hahaha
While the 900 (speaking of Triumphs) is not a proper off roader, the 1200 with its switchable traction control, switchable ABS and fully adjustable suspension with ample travel - definitely is.

rick81721

Lothar
Saw 2 guys on 95N yesterday towing motorcycles like this - have never seen it before. Strapped to the back of an SUV with the rear wheel on the road. Is it legal and/or safe??

20210704_094921_EF.jpg

walter

Fourth Party
An impromptu late night text message and then 150 miles later...... We'll call this an MTBNJ legends ride. Last minute roll out, myself, @Glenlivet12 and super special guest @C.Puncher Larry. A quick refresher at Kane and then dinner at Bahrs. Good times.

Attachments

• received_559892262056779~2.jpeg
    received_559892262056779~2.jpeg
    61.9 KB · Views: 23
  • received_789956235049486.jpeg
    received_789956235049486.jpeg
    95.8 KB · Views: 25
  • received_118014267097112.jpeg
    received_118014267097112.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 25

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
I can’t stay away from retro/retro-styled bikes.

Been looking for a smaller scoot to get around town, maybe ride some dirt roads on the weekends with. Came across a Suzuki VanVan 200 on marketplace and pulled the trigger - the price was great. What a cool little thumper. Essentially a TW200 that’s not as dirt oriented but is more comfortable. It’s slower than a snail but can beat a minivan off the line. Going to get it a skid plate and a rear rack so I can go on the dirt, and also run errands around town. The Ninja just isn’t good for that kind of stuff.
2B3BD5AE-ADB3-4BE3-ABE1-958209C6BEF0.jpeg

While I was at it, I found a dual sport for myself and for my boy. A Suzuki SP100 - beautiful shape for something from 1983. Starts on first, maybe second kick. Suzuki only had them here in the US for one year, but most of the parts are easily sourced off webike.
33A9A3B9-3746-4BF9-9ED2-64020F8410F2.jpeg

michvin

We have VanVans in our school, two of them. They are so much fun to fool around. I'd get one for myself, but we have no trails in Bergen county :(
I have to ask: where do you look for cheap used bikes other than FB marketplace and craigslist?

clarkenstein

JORBA.ORG
We have VanVans in our school, two of them. They are so much fun to fool around. I'd get one for myself, but we have no trails in Bergen county :(
I have to ask: where do you look for cheap used bikes other than FB marketplace and craigslist?
FB and CL are really the only two places to go now. CycleTrader gets absurd with prices. eBay is really hit or miss.

Top Bottom