Gas powered bikes?

ebarker9

I need to get my SV650 back on the road. It sat for a while and I had to de-rust and recoat the gas tank as well as replacing the fuel pump. After a few rides noticed a high pitched whine from the fuel pump, so presumably air getting in. Replaced and noticed a pinched o-ring, which was likely the culprit. Two rides on the new fuel pump and the whine is back. Need to get this stupid thing running so that my wife doesn't make me sell it 😂

the schwartz

hey - do we have a MTBNJ motorcycle gang?

also, who else rides dirt?
also also, who rides dirt and will take me with them to show me where they ride dirt?

i just picked up a '11 690 Enduro R... i need to ride it into a tree asap

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
hey - do we have a MTBNJ motorcycle gang?

also, who else rides dirt?
also also, who rides dirt and will take me with them to show me where they ride dirt?

i just picked up a '11 690 Enduro R... i need to ride it into a tree asap
I’d be down for a group road ride. we should plan something.

Unfortunately I don’t have a dual sport or dirt bike right now. My neighbor is getting a 690 this week, which means I’ll probably want one soon.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Anyone know anyone who can bore my CB175 cylinder? I have an issue. I started reassembly and when I got to the pistons I noticed something I didn’t notice before. That stuck piston cut into the cylinder wall. You can feel it through a glove it’s so bad. A hone won’t do it. I looked on eBay for used cylinders and they run the gamut but most look pretty crappy.

BFB05C1A-5D33-4B73-A1FF-2DC6C1BCE4FB.jpeg

Debating if it’s worth it at this point or just part it out. To make it start I need a whole new points set up (or a shockwave) and if it runs, I definitely have to get a fork which is actually pretty hard to find and not cheap if they are in decent shape. Just hitting the ‘how much money do I want to dump into this thing’ point.

ekuhn

Anyone know anyone who can bore my CB175 cylinder? I have an issue. I started reassembly and when I got to the pistons I noticed something I didn’t notice before. That stuck piston cut into the cylinder wall. You can feel it through a glove it’s so bad. A hone won’t do it. I looked on eBay for used cylinders and they run the gamut but most look pretty crappy.

View attachment 156976

Debating if it’s worth it at this point or just part it out. To make it start I need a whole new points set up (or a shockwave) and if it runs, I definitely have to get a fork which is actually pretty hard to find and not cheap if they are in decent shape. Just hitting the ‘how much money do I want to dump into this thing’ point.
There's an engine shop on Meadow Road in Edison - Fisher Automotive Machine. I've heard he does good work but do not have first hand experience. He may also be able to find you cylinder - or point you in a better direction.

Top Bottom