Clayton Park Conditions

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Thinking of hitting Clayton today- any updates on conditons? I think it os typically a fairly good draining park

I didn't ride it but I swung by the lot on the roadie. Judging by what I saw, I'd say it's good 2 go.
Going to be wet in the usual mud holes but most of it should be perfect.

FYI, Lots of horses in the lot this morning.

markd

Clayton looking good...

Rode Clayton this afternoon. Nice and tacky, the moisture kept the sand firm and off the bike. Usual muddy spots, but considering the soaking we got yesterday, it was in great shape. No one really out, but plenty of horse apples tells me I must have missed the parade.

If this park was bigger it would be even better, but maybe smaller means less people, which is always good.

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I live near by. I'd say it will be a mess today. We had a lot of rain yesterday :-(
I'd at least wait until tomorrow.

dvizz

Clayton Conditions

Got a ride in yesterday morning while the ground was still frozen. Sad to see so many ruts and mtb. tire gauges throughout the park caused by idiots riding when the ground is saturated. Many of the ruts were full of ice. What a mess.

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
stopped in for a sec on tuesday. Trails were almost entirely icy footprints filled with mud. I wouldn't try to ride here for another week after the rains we've had the past few days.

743power

Shop Keep
After hearing that Allaire and Hartshorne were good to ride, I tried Clayton again yesterday. Conditions are 95% of the way good. There are 3 or 4 mud spots in the same spots as always and some areas show a lot of rutting and erosion from horses, but the ground is in good shape otherwise.

Scott

I can't find anything recent for Clayton conditions... Anyone been there lately? It's a possibility for tomorrow... Or is it???
P.s. Any reason it's not in the "trail conditions" section???

743power

Shop Keep
Trails were perfect this evening except for some strange flooding around the pond. I think the beaver is messing up the water flow or something.

njmark

Professional Cyclist
I can't find anything recent for Clayton conditions... Anyone been there lately? It's a possibility for tomorrow... Or is it???
P.s. Any reason it's not in the "trail conditions" section???

It was decided its not a destination type park and Norm and the guys building the conditions widget just wanted to concentrate on the bigger and more commonly used places first. Its covered in the trail conditions dashboard thread in General Bike Talk.

Scott

It was decided its not a destination type park and Norm and the guys building the conditions widget just wanted to concentrate on the bigger and more commonly used places first. Its covered in the trail conditions dashboard thread in General Bike Talk.
Thanks njmark.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions