Clayton Park Conditions

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Trails are currently covered with a combo of snow/slush. This precip is melting the 2"snow covering from yesterday, making for sloppy conditions. Until this all freezes up a few days from now its best to stay off the trails.

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Does Clayton usally stay wet? I'm wondering if this weekend's thaw will leave Clayton rideable...

No, it doesn't stay wet usually compared to other parks but we have had a crap load of snow. It probably won't be worth riding at Clayton for a while...
If you hit it while frozen it may be somewhat rideable but I wouldn't bet on it being any fun. As soon as the temps get above thirty and/or the sun hits it, it WILL be a mud fest.

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
I stopped in the lot today since I was out that way. It's a no-go. The lot is even a total mess. No way it will even be rideable tomorrow. Maybe next week... :-(

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
Took a quick hike with my boy today. Conditions looked pretty good as I thought they would.
Mostly dry with some tacky spots and the usual mud holes are......muddy! :D
It will probably be even better tomorrow. Hit it!

dvizz

Clayton Conditions

Clayton was in good shape yesterday. Started ride early and found the usual wet areas but mostly dry and firm. Tire ruts through several upland and lowland areas along with walking and horse tracks made for rough terrain. Hopefully trails will restore back to pre winter conditions.

Rusty

Since the only TM at Clayton is Traffic, I'd say its ready...hit it. Only a puddle or two.

743power

Shop: Bicycle Pro
Shop Keep
Popped in today. There is 3 spots that are wet. The rest of the park is pretty great. The trail along the cornfield/lake is extremely wet. The other areas are not terrible.

CKjeep84

road just about all trails this morning. they were damp but very rideable,one or two mud spots but not bad at all. not too many people there, it was nice and quiet.

Molasses

Thinking of hitting Clayton today- any updates on conditons? I think it os typically a fairly good draining park

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions