Clayton Park Conditions

giff06

We were at Clayton today and the park is in good shape. It weathered the winter pretty well. The big pond at the bottom fields is over flowing creating a muddy condition there but thats it. The rest of the park is good to go!
Ed and Pat

DigDug

I took a walk around the Bridges trail today. It's in mostly good shape. There's still a little water/mud on the Strava Uphill Sprint segment, and the lake is still overflowing on the northeast corner. There were a couple of park officials there taking a look at the lake. They said that it appears the resident beaver somehow clogged up a drain tube (I suppose it's a drain that allows overflow to drain into Doctor's Creek). I didn't ask about an ETA for a fix, but at least they know about it, and have identified the problem.

Other than those issues Clayton appears in good condition.

DigDug

Decent today? I have been out of the state and not sure how recent and bad rainfall was this week.

When were you planning to go? I was thinking of checking it out today at lunch to see how it looks. I will post as soon as I get back (around 1:00-1:30).

DigDug

Just got back... overall Clayton is looking pretty good.

The mush/mud on the Bridges trail is looking better. There are some hard packed sections to ride through (avoiding the mush) if you pick your "line" wisely:

P1030772.jpg

And, somebody made a temporary diversion for the water overflowing from the pond (it's no longer running down the Doctor's Creek trail (although that part of the Doctor's Creek trail is pedestrian only anyway):

P1030774.jpg

I didn't go on the Doctor's Creek or Old Forge trails, but since those are mostly high ground I'm pretty sure they're in good shape. There were several people riding... awesome day to be out there (as long as you don't mind avoiding the one or two bad spots).

markd

Rode Clayton this afternoon - it was amazing. Great conditions: dry, some sandpits here and there...a lot of people using the park, walkers, hikers, bikers, and some dogs, but no real issues. Quite a few horse apples around, so the equestrians are taking advantage of the great weather too. Get out and ride it - enjoy!!!

Molasses

Did the heavy rain roll through lastt night Sunday the 14th? I am off and wanted to sneak a ride in but everything up by six mile and chimney rock will need some time to drain. It is a good drive for me and will not ride if trails are muddy so if it is a no go please let me know so i save some gas

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
Did the heavy rain roll through lastt night Sunday the 14th? I am off and wanted to sneak a ride in but everything up by six mile and chimney rock will need some time to drain. It is a good drive for me and will not ride if trails are muddy so if it is a no go please let me know so i save some gas
We did get some rain but you should be fine, It's been pretty dry.

Molasses

Hi all! Had lots of rain and a day to dry out- this afternoon a go or is it still too wet?

Thanks! I appreciate the information ( I NEED a ride soon!)

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
Hi all! Had lots of rain and a day to dry out- this afternoon a go or is it still too wet?

Thanks! I appreciate the information ( I NEED a ride soon!)
I would have to guess that it's good to go but I haven't been out. Post back with what you find.

dvizz

Clayton's in good shape. Park was teaming with mountain bikers of all ages. Some sandy areas in the usual spots, but just have to hold the line.

michael.su

JORBA.ORG
The park's trails would be suitable for fat tire bikes. The most sand I've encountered in years of riding there.
Lol, I say that at the end of every summer. But yeah...bring out the fatties! It's getting deep!! :D

MarcLewis

So I decided to go to Clayton today, and was thoroughly suprised at how decent the place was. Only the very beginning of the drop in from the corn field was bad. I did not go up it, as after going down it it was too muddy, but only the first 10 feet! After that the field near the pond was a little wet but stay far left and was fine. The only other section that was muddy right in the middle crossover section, between the two sides. The uphill/downhill was a lil sketchy. but other than that was really good.
If the weather holds up this week, by next weekend it should be in 100percent great shape. But the weather says 3 days of rain this week.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions