by the power invested in me

I got out for about 2 hours on the road this morning. It was gorgeous. I was tip toeing back and forth for a while not sure what the rain was gonna do but i said F it and went out.

I was wearing a short sleeved shirt w/ a windproof baselayer, shorts and knee warmers. The knee warmers were off at the first red light. I regretted wearing the baselayer. Gorgeous today!

The only downer was the wind. man it was wicked at times! I think at a few points i was on a 45* angle. w00t!

Amazing few days. Had a nice little cruise through Allaire yesterday afternoon, rode to work this morning, hauled butt home, grabbed a quick haircut then hit the road again and made Allaire by 4ish. Blasted through the good stuff, (and some not so good stuff) BS'd in the lot for a few then hit the bike path home. Overall an outstanding day. Lots of miles, and for the first time in quite a while the air actually felt hot.

Ok...how about this? I rode today for 1:50........wait for it......inside on the rollers watching tv. Where does that fit me on the list? It was only the 2nd rollers ride this winter tho, kinda fun in small doses.

Also, I delivered a bike that I completely rebuilt after a friend of mine wrecked the living crap out of it last year. Even built new wheels for it, pymp. Call it my Sheldon Brown tribute or whatever....

i work 13hrs a day 5days i got weekends off...one part time job and a full time job...think thats why girlfriends leaving me...didnt get to ride...thats the real sad part...im movin to south amboy over the next 2 days...droppin my bike at kims in NB so my cousin robbie can tune it up...but saturday and sunday...sourlands and 6mile are the spots for me this weekend...stayin local...im gonna be busy

...im movin to south amboy over the next 2 days...droppin my bike at kims in NB so my cousin robbie can tune it up...but saturday and sunday...sourlands and 6mile are the spots for me this weekend...stayin local...im gonna be busy

I heard of that town, alot of weirdos there :D

I thought about riding A LOT but it was raining on the drive home so I went to the gym. I'm massive now. My muscular fingers can barely pick out each key. If you don't call me a cyclist then I'll squeeze your head until you burst. It won't take long. I'm extremely strong right now.

are you back from england? did you ride over there? i'll call you a cyclist if you got to one of the stanes or cwm cairn or someplace sweet like that. pictures required, mr. matrix.

i may not be a cyclist, but i am a bachelor for the next week. i (unsuccessfully) worked on my bike, made the perfect plate of pasta and homemade meatballs and am drinkng a sri lankan stout while sitting in front of the keyboard in my underwear.

i found lion to be surprisingly good. better than i had expected.

party at steve's!

i was going to ride before work and didn't, then after the kiddy went to sleep, and didn't--totally regreting it. Oh well, hitting the road at lunch today.

i was going to ride before work and didn't, then after the kiddy went to sleep, and didn't--totally regreting it. Oh well, hitting the road at lunch today.

I desperately want to be able to ride at lunch. 70-min train and light rail commute and long hours don't make for much of that.

Every now and then I think back to when I interviewed for this one job in Montvale, maybe 7 miles from our house, and how awesome it would be to bike back and forth to work. Ahh, a boy can dream...

I desperately want to be able to ride at lunch. 70-min train and light rail commute and long hours don't make for much of that.

Every now and then I think back to when I interviewed for this one job in Montvale, maybe 7 miles from our house, and how awesome it would be to bike back and forth to work. Ahh, a boy can dream...

Don't lose sight of that dream. I had one like that for 20 years. I finally was able to make it come true.

Don't lose sight of that dream. I had one like that for 20 years. I finally was able to make it come true.

Looks like my company will be moving there office closer to my house, one of he locations is 1.5 miles and the other around 6. Can't wait to commute, I am only 15 miles now but an 6 miles will be more manageable.

Haha! I got out for a 35 minute run last night then I came back in, had some dinner and then got out for 1:15 on the bike through the rain squals...take that suckas...who's the wuss now? :D

Seriously I did find some time to sneak out and after I thought about it I linked together a nice low traffic route that worked out pretty well...minus the shorts, temperature drop, and REALLY cold rain.

Quick road ride tonight. Don't have the time for a 2hr ride but I'm thinking some hills sprints on the new road bike. Something to get the legs juiced and the mind stimulated and all within 45 minutes. Any other suggestions?

I thought it was "by the power vested in me" but what the hell do I know.
you are correct if he were officiating over a wedding ceremony. sean really wants your money or your beer or your woman or any combination thereof.

Rode at lunch and the wind wasn't too bad, still got in 17 miles, but only did alittle climbing. Hard day to dress for, 49 degrees but windy, was a little over dressed...

Back
Top Bottom