Biggest loser

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
2 plain slices.

Sick! Netflix made a movie about your pizza eating.

1642211111346.jpeg

Fat Trout

I like this thread more than I thought as it makes me think more. In short......I dropped 10 lbs somewhat easily......then eased up and gained some back.....rather quickly and a little disturbingly. Then I moved back down a little. I'm seeing the influences and thats good. What I got over a month was "easy-ish" on a diet / exercise shift but I think I'm seeing what balance can be and what I have to do to move it / keep it. I'm finding that to be most rewarding now following this. I started before this thread but others experiences help as data points and encouragement as I have to find what is sustainable.

xc62701

It’s hard to shift the focus but I usually eat what I do cause it tastes good and I crave it. Pizza, Mexican, etc. Now I’m eating beacause I need to and I choose what will make me healthier. So it’s been all good protein, fats, and veggies. I can’t stress how much better I feel energy wise and clarity wise.(Probabky the reduced beer…) I’m getting so much more done each day and I feel I’m managing stress a lot better too. It’s been 13 days and I plan to keep up with its to see where this takes me. It’s the same thing I did in the early 2010’s when I got to a crazy low weight. That’s was before a wife and kids so I have no delusions of getting back to that - but closer to that. I’m actually looking forward to my next checkup at the doctor to see how this change effects my numbers.

jklett

194 today. My mind wants to do more and go harder but my body won't let me. Every time I try to do anything that makes me breathe hard enough that I have to open my mouth I start coughing and can't stop. I tried some weights yesterday and even that got it going. I just want to ride a trail(or even the roads) somewhere and not just soft pedal in my cellar. It's very discouraging even though I know it's temporary. At least my weight is going in the right direction.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
It’s hard to shift the focus but I usually eat what I do cause it tastes good and I crave it. Pizza, Mexican, etc. Now I’m eating beacause I need to and I choose what will make me healthier. So it’s been all good protein, fats, and veggies. I can’t stress how much better I feel energy wise and clarity wise.(Probabky the reduced beer…) I’m getting so much more done each day and I feel I’m managing stress a lot better too. It’s been 13 days and I plan to keep up with its to see where this takes me. It’s the same thing I did in the early 2010’s when I got to a crazy low weight. That’s was before a wife and kids so I have no delusions of getting back to that - but closer to that. I’m actually looking forward to my next checkup at the doctor to see how this change effects my numbers.

When we were racing together I was 155lbs. That seems absolutely insane to me at this point.

Mahnken

Zero progress for me this week. My 5 year old's birthday party, a bunch didn't show, enabled me to eat a few bahn mi sandwiches, cake, and cup cakes. Mid week family vacation=lots of junk food. And stopped at one of our favorite vegan junk food places in Philly on the way back home. No exercise. Same weight as last week's weigh-in.
Screenshot_20220115-082358.png
PXL_20220113_001415150.jpg

jShort

2018 Fantasy Football Toilet Bowl Lead Technician
Team MTBNJ Halter's
194 today. My mind wants to do more and go harder but my body won't let me. Every time I try to do anything that makes me breathe hard enough that I have to open my mouth I start coughing and can't stop. I tried some weights yesterday and even that got it going. I just want to ride a trail(or even the roads) somewhere and not just soft pedal in my cellar. It's very discouraging even though I know it's temporary. At least my weight is going in the right direction.
There's a good thread on coming back from Covid here. Worth skimming through.

JDurk

Today is Day #7, Week 1 of 8, doing the E2M plan as well as still dry since morning of 1/2/22.

Diet
Week #1 is basically a detox week. Stuck with the 16/8 intermittent fasting plan, eating 3 meals between 10:30a-6:30p. All meals include a measured portion of plan specific protein, vegetable and fats. Most items on the list we were already eating. We were basically pescatarian and eggs, with turkey occasionally. Haven't had chicken in probably a year. Added it to meet the protein, eliminated dairy and sugar. We weren't big dairy eaters, but there was always creamer, shredded cheese and Greek yogurt in the fridge. Sunday was spent prepping as much as we could. Hit 1 gallon of water a day as required. Allowed 1 celebration (cheat) meal per week and you can eat anything you want. Some of the comments on the FB group page of what people were planning to eat, were outrageous. Those that chose to do it Fri or Sat, and felt the need to tell everyone how it went, well let's just say, that's probably why they need to lose weight already. If they were already eating like that, then detoxing for a week, going to Olive Garden to order apps, cheese bread, an entree, dessert and cocktails probably isn't a good idea. The head trainer said do what you want, but just add a simple carb like baked potato or sweet potato, rice, etc. Last night I went with a simple bacon cheese burger, let, tom, on and FF. No problem as that would usually be a special occasion meal for me already.

Exercise
Rode the spin bike for 30-45min M-F with some core exercises and stretching. Problem was Tues night I developed a sore throat that was worse Wed morning along with some sinus congestion and a resting HR that was elevated. Didn't go to work and got an afternoon appointment at urgent care for a checkup and Covid test. Had a 101 fever at the office, which the dr said is what caused the elevated BP and HR. Got my results last night, negative. Still feeling the sinus stuff and decided to rest the weekend and get enough sleep rather than force time on the spin bike.

While the coaches recommend not weighing yourself everyday, or every week, and wait until the end of 8wks. Just take pictures and measurements. I was curious.
1/2/22 Starting weight = 235
1/9/22 this morning = 225
down 10 lbs

My 8wk goal is 16lbs, so I think this is a good sign I'll be able to meet that goal or surpass it by sticking to the plan. Adding more exercise can only help.

Edit: Adding that a friend of mine is on his 3rd round of this 8wk plan, last time he weighed himself during Round 2 he was 235, didn't tell me where he started during Round 1. He sent pic of the scale on Friday and he's 189lb. He started in Aug with mostly just the diet and little exercise.
E2M program Round 1, Week 2, Day 6 and Dry January.

Diet
Still intermittent fasting, eating a protein, vegetable and a fat for each of 3 meals. Week #2, a serving of fruit was added to each meal. Followed it exactly. Fruit will be taken away for Week #3, back to the same as Week #1. Going to have the 1 celebration meal tonight when my wife returns from a visit with her family in FL. There was a strong urge to crack an IPA while prepping dinner last night, but since there's no beer in the house, settled for straight water.

Exercise
Very little, didn't get on the spin bike until Thursday after dealing with what ended up being a sinus infection in addition to pink eye. 2 PCR tests and 1 at-home test over 6 days confirmed Covid negative. Some antibiotics for both symptoms and feeling better. Each of my parents had the same thing over the Christmas and New Years weeks. Will be adding more of the circuit training in Week #3 as I'm feeling better, but still limited by the thumb.

Weight
1/2/22 Starting weight = 235
1/15/22 current weight = 222
down 13lbs
Taking measurements, lost some inches in my waist, hips and chest. The areas I need to lose the most weight are between my neck and hips. So progress.

The smaller weight drop was expected as carbs (fruit) were added. 8wk goal of 16lbs is even closer. Sticking with the plan, Dry Jan and increased exercise will all work to achieve the goal. Wife and I were talking this morning and we'll probably do another 8wk round #2 after round #1. I should be cleared to ride outside by the end of March, so I have outside riding in April and May to prep for TSE.

Wife stuck to the plan with more exercise than myself, hooking her mom in to participate, while in FL. She's down 2lbs this week for a total of 7lbs.

Last edited:

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Hey - a couple weeks in and some great results. Well done!
Another group trending correctly, and becoming more aware of their choices - all good!
Couple of riders on the recovery circuit - slow and steady. 🐢

In my camp, there are lingering intestinal problems, but they seem to be resolving, slowly ;)
Still waking-up with a slight headache. The humidifier is cranked all the way up, and I'm downing water constantly during the day.
Must be an imbalance of the four humors.

Still having trouble getting started with the workouts - been a little busier working, so at least on my feet.
Couple things on tap (no pun intended?) today.

I did enjoy an NA beer last night. They taste even better with abstinence. Dry January still rolling along,
had a couple fig bars for breakfast yesterday - the most sugary thing I had all week.
Carrots were the snack of choice, with some pretzel twists mixed in. Eggs or yogurt for breakfast.
Reasonable sized dinner - no restrictions, although avoiding the mound-o-carb side.

The belt moved a notch! Looking forward to sub-200 this week!

Starting weight: 208.3
Current weight: 201.1
Net: -7.2

1642258353032.png

youre-going-down-bonnie.gif

Last edited:

krink

Eddie Munster
Zero progress for me this week. My 5 year old's birthday party, a bunch didn't show, enabled me to eat a few bahn mi sandwiches, cake, and cup cakes. Mid week family vacation=lots of junk food. And stopped at one of our favorite vegan junk food places in Philly on the way back home. No exercise. Same weight as last week's weigh-in.
View attachment 176158View attachment 176159
Oh man. Bhan mi. Damn those are good. Why is the biggest loser thread making me so hungry?

iman29

I am in the same boat but maybe a little bit ahead in terms of recovery.

My breathing issues don’t seem to have been as severe but it was enough last week to where I would cough whenever I tried to talk.

I would suggest tonKeep spinning easy and do some deep breathing excercises a few times a day. I could only walk the dog the first week I started feeling better and even then it was tough. But during the walk I would do a little faster here and there and take some deep breaths. I think that helped but everyone is different. The idea is to slowly excercise your breathing to get back towards normal. I learned much of this from when I had pneumonia back I college. Seems to be similar approach for this.

I am not back to 100% just yet but getting close. Keep at it.

Over the Bars

Down 11.5 lbs so far but Hit a plateau the scale has been stuck for the past 4 days. Pants that could barely close now require a belt to keep up so that's awesome. Need to mix it up exercise wise and crank up the intensity. I bought a cheap magnetic trainer and started adding the in. Diet has been going great still haven't broke from that at all.

Top Bottom