Biggest loser

Got some great workouts plus a lot of activity these past few days. Unfortunately my diet has been all over the place. A little too much alcohol too.

96C34689-DDEE-4D64-B4AF-15CA891FB3CC.jpeg

Am I doing this right? I feel like I’m not doing this right?

142EFBD0-B0DA-480B-AB86-FE5669392F1B.jpeg

Wife and I did our weigh in's this morning for the E2M FB group that we joined.

I was 235 lbs with an 8wk goal of losing 16lbs. Planning to get there by following the intermittent fasting plan of the program, which includes what to eat. While alcohol is allowed on cheat days, committing to Dry January. Exercise is limited because of my thumb injury, so won't be able to follow circuit training plans. Spin bike, body weight exercises as able, and core work.

We took before pictures, I will not be sharing here, yet.
Today is Day #7, Week 1 of 8, doing the E2M plan as well as still dry since morning of 1/2/22.

Diet
Week #1 is basically a detox week. Stuck with the 16/8 intermittent fasting plan, eating 3 meals between 10:30a-6:30p. All meals include a measured portion of plan specific protein, vegetable and fats. Most items on the list we were already eating. We were basically pescatarian and eggs, with turkey occasionally. Haven't had chicken in probably a year. Added it to meet the protein, eliminated dairy and sugar. We weren't big dairy eaters, but there was always creamer, shredded cheese and Greek yogurt in the fridge. Sunday was spent prepping as much as we could. Hit 1 gallon of water a day as required. Allowed 1 celebration (cheat) meal per week and you can eat anything you want. Some of the comments on the FB group page of what people were planning to eat, were outrageous. Those that chose to do it Fri or Sat, and felt the need to tell everyone how it went, well let's just say, that's probably why they need to lose weight already. If they were already eating like that, then detoxing for a week, going to Olive Garden to order apps, cheese bread, an entree, dessert and cocktails probably isn't a good idea. The head trainer said do what you want, but just add a simple carb like baked potato or sweet potato, rice, etc. Last night I went with a simple bacon cheese burger, let, tom, on and FF. No problem as that would usually be a special occasion meal for me already.

Exercise
Rode the spin bike for 30-45min M-F with some core exercises and stretching. Problem was Tues night I developed a sore throat that was worse Wed morning along with some sinus congestion and a resting HR that was elevated. Didn't go to work and got an afternoon appointment at urgent care for a checkup and Covid test. Had a 101 fever at the office, which the dr said is what caused the elevated BP and HR. Got my results last night, negative. Still feeling the sinus stuff and decided to rest the weekend and get enough sleep rather than force time on the spin bike.

While the coaches recommend not weighing yourself everyday, or every week, and wait until the end of 8wks. Just take pictures and measurements. I was curious.
1/2/22 Starting weight = 235
1/9/22 this morning = 225
down 10 lbs

My 8wk goal is 16lbs, so I think this is a good sign I'll be able to meet that goal or surpass it by sticking to the plan. Adding more exercise can only help.

Edit: Adding that a friend of mine is on his 3rd round of this 8wk plan, last time he weighed himself during Round 2 he was 235, didn't tell me where he started during Round 1. He sent pic of the scale on Friday and he's 189lb. He started in Aug with mostly just the diet and little exercise.

Last edited:
Motivated by @Robin to add to this thread and not keep my quest to myself.

I too have gained about 12 pounds since my happy weight in December 2020. For me, it’s all about what I eat (carbs, sugar, snacks) and working too much to fit a daily workout in.

My plan is to drop about 1lb a week over the next 3 months but more importantly to change my body composition. Right now my body fat percentage to lean muscle ratio isn’t where I want it to be.

Jan I am doing a variation of Whole 30 (with nuts and beans) and then back to more normal eating with 16-8 intermittent fasting. CrossFit, running, skiing, biking all along the way. I collected all the holiday yummies and put them in a suitcase high up and hard to get for after Feb 9.

Last edited:
Start weight: 217
Today: 211

Yesterday: a mile of icy skiing, 2 hours at the rock gym, and 12 miles on the trainer.

Today: 28 miles on the trainer

I’m almost two days ahead of my mileage goal and diet is going well.

nice work
Today is Day #7, Week 1 of 8, doing the E2M plan as well as still dry since morning of 1/2/22.

Diet
Week #1 is basically a detox week. Stuck with the 16/8 intermittent fasting plan, eating 3 meals between 10:30a-6:30p. All meals include a measured portion of plan specific protein, vegetable and fats. Most items on the list we were already eating. We were basically pescatarian and eggs, with turkey occasionally. Haven't had chicken in probably a year. Added it to meet the protein, eliminated dairy and sugar. We weren't big dairy eaters, but there was always creamer, shredded cheese and Greek yogurt in the fridge. Sunday was spent prepping as much as we could. Hit 1 gallon of water a day as required. Allowed 1 celebration (cheat) meal per week and you can eat anything you want. Some of the comments on the FB group page of what people were planning to eat, were outrageous. Those that chose to do it Fri or Sat, and felt the need to tell everyone how it went, well let's just say, that's probably why they need to lose weight already. If they were already eating like that, then detoxing for a week, going to Olive Garden to order apps, cheese bread, an entree, dessert and cocktails probably isn't a good idea. The head trainer said do what you want, but just add a simple carb like baked potato or sweet potato, rice, etc. Last night I went with a simple bacon cheese burger, let, tom, on and FF. No problem as that would usually be a special occasion meal for me already.

Exercise
Rode the spin bike for 30-45min M-F with some core exercises and stretching. Problem was Tues night I developed a sore throat that was worse Wed morning along with some sinus congestion and a resting HR that was elevated. Didn't go to work and got an afternoon appointment at urgent care for a checkup and Covid test. Had a 101 fever at the office, which the dr said is what caused the elevated BP and HR. Got my results last night, negative. Still feeling the sinus stuff and decided to rest the weekend and get enough sleep rather than force time on the spin bike.

While the coaches recommend not weighing yourself everyday, or every week, and wait until the end of 8wks. Just take pictures and measurements. I was curious.
1/2/22 Starting weight = 235
1/9/22 this morning = 225
down 10 lbs

My 8wk goal is 16lbs, so I think this is a good sign I'll be able to meet that goal or surpass it by sticking to the plan. Adding more exercise can only help.

Edit: Adding that a friend of mine is on his 3rd round of this 8wk plan, last time he weighed himself during Round 2 he was 235, didn't tell me where he started during Round 1. He sent pic of the scale on Friday and he's 189lb. He started in Aug with mostly just the diet and little exercise.

that got to feel pretty good!

nice work

that got to feel pretty good!
Thanks, feels real good. I was only planning to do Dry January, but with a thumb injury limiting my exercise, the diet reset with the E2M program is only going to help. Credit to my wife for seeing a triathlon FB friend post about really good results, doing some research and talking me into doing it with her. When we joined the FB group, saw other close friends were in the group as well and reached out to discuss results. It was a no brainer.

Wife was curious and weighed herself as well, down 5lbs.

Scale hasn't moved, but didn't go up! Odd work hours towards the end of last week cause of the snow and other early start items prob didn't help. Sore from the P90X workouts and the dumbell training. Just trying to stay focused and keeping the eye on the prize.

Back
Top Bottom