Bacon Candy

Ill see what i can do, im calling the gf right now to get on these for the holidays. I may just throw bacon themed party. :hmmm: who would come?

has anyone else actually made the bacon candy? i did. it was friggen good as hell, but i'm working on improving it and making it into an ultr-endurance worthy superfood. i'll keep you updated on my progress. the future will have AnRothar's Bacon Candy Cakes. and sausages of course.

The other day my five year old finished his bowl of Cheerios, and started crumbling bacon into the leftover milk. He started going "mmmmm, bacon cereal". I thought it was brilliant, very proud moment.

The other day my five year old finished his bowl of Cheerios, and started crumbling bacon into the leftover milk. He started going "mmmmm, bacon cereal". I thought it was brilliant, very proud moment.

you got him ripping childrens books in half yet?

keep feeding him all those heavy proteins like bacon cereal and hes going to tear your arm off in your sleep one day. hahah

keep feeding him all those heavy proteins like bacon cereal and hes going to tear your arm off in your sleep one day. hahah

hahah A dad can dream, can't he? This brings up an excellent point, by priming the system with oat bran first, then chasing with bacon is it possible to enjoy the bacony goodness without the negative effects?

so, my recipe ended up being:

2 lbs of fatty bacon(i used the "bit's and pieces")
the fat from said bacon
a bunch of brown sugar
some whole wheat flower
a little bit of sea salt

fry the bacon.
mix the flour, sugar and sea salt.
chop up the bacon into little pieces.
mix the bacon with the flour/sugar/salt.
add the bacon fat from the pan.
mix well

spoon into a mini muffin tray, leaving about 1/2-1/4" of room, as otherwise it will expand and overflow and crust up your oven.

cook on 350 for about 1hr. makes little candy like cookie things that are delicious and make minus 40 on a frozen river in the middle of the woods in alaska feel like home.

Back
Top Bottom