Bacon Candy

anrothar

entirely thrilled
hahah A dad can dream, can't he? This brings up an excellent point, by priming the system with oat bran first, then chasing with bacon is it possible to enjoy the bacony goodness without the negative effects?

the worst thing about bacon is that it's high sodium. it really doesn't have 'that' much cholesterol. nowhere near the rda. don't fear the bacon. nearly everyone in the iditabike this year was eating bacon like it were the only food on earth.

ArmyOfNone

the worst thing about bacon is that it's high sodium. it really doesn't have 'that' much cholesterol. nowhere near the rda. don't fear the bacon. nearly everyone in the iditabike this year was eating bacon like it were the only food on earth.

bacon makes me happy. so do you.:p

mike_243

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG

yeah and it is good for you if you wrap it around scallops....:drooling:
and if you wrap a hotdog with and deep fry that it makes the hotdog edible...
and not to gross anyone out but when I was living at home my mom always used the bacon fat to fry everything in.
we had a container in the fridge for it....

Last edited:

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
In the spirit of Thanksgiving and overeating!! Lets bring back the BACON thread!!

e6ae_bacon_hotsauce.jpg

"Let's think of matches made in heaven. Chocolate and peanut butter. Peanut butter and jelly. Jelly and cream cheese. Cream cheese and sugar (aka, cream cheese frosting). Sugar and anything. Anything and bacon. It's been said that there's nothing that can't be improved by the addition of bacon and here at ThinkGeek, we're determined to test that hypothesis as rigorously as possible. We've tried just about every new bacon product on the market and share the very best with you, our bestest friends.

Bacon Hot Sauce combines two things near and dear to our hearts - bacon and hot sauce. You know the expression "When Pigs Fly"? That's what chicken wings dipped in Bacon Hot Sauce taste like. Impossibly good. Piglets sprouting scrumptious flying appendages good. Bacon Hot Sauce is also amazing mixed into hamburgers or sprinkled on some otherwise lackluster pizza. But our all-time favorite is the Bacon Mary, made with tomato juice, vodka, Bacon Hot Sauce, and a spritz of fresh lemon juice. And instead of a celery stick for garnish, we stick in a crisp slice of bacon. Perfection.
"

J-Dro

This years jalapeno crop from my garden was over the top. I have so many peppers that I didn't know what to do with them.

Then, last weekend, it hit me. BACON! This recipe is for the best jalapeno popper on the planet:

Crumble some Gorgonzola cheese in a bowl. Mix in an equal amount of cream cheese. Then crumble the bacon strips that you just cooked in the skillet. Mix well.

Slice open the jalapeno peppers lengthwise and get rid of the seeds. Fill the insides with the cheese/bacon mix. Bake in a preheated oven at 400 deg for 6-7 minutes. Then turn on the broiler for the final 2 minutes to get the top nice and crispy.

Serve with your favorite malt/yeast concoction. :getsome:

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
This years jalapeno crop from my garden was over the top. I have so many peppers that I didn't know what to do with them.

Then, last weekend, it hit me. BACON! This recipe is for the best jalapeno popper on the planet:

Crumble some Gorgonzola cheese in a bowl. Mix in an equal amount of cream cheese. Then crumble the bacon strips that you just cooked in the skillet. Mix well.

Slice open the jalapeno peppers lengthwise and get rid of the seeds. Fill the insides with the cheese/bacon mix. Bake in a preheated oven at 400 deg for 6-7 minutes. Then turn on the broiler for the final 2 minutes to get the top nice and crispy.

Serve with your favorite malt/yeast concoction. :getsome:

Damn it...another reason to hook up for a ride....

...yeah, I know :eek:

Top Bottom