all-a-muchy

N

Neen

Can anyone give me the website for All-A-Muchy? Google just keeps bringing up 24HOA. Thanks!

ryderX

Due to the severe weather this past weekend and the resulting impact to the trails in Allamuchy S.P. the " All A Muchy 50k" race has been cancelled.
Thank you for your support and understanding..
Bob Workman
Karen Workman
Kris Weber
W2 Sports

ryderX

Unfortunately yes. It wasn't an easy decision to make. Though it's the right one at this time.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Unfortunately yes. It wasn't an easy decision to make. Though it's the right one at this time.

Ouch, that sucks.

Well I guess it's time for me to go change the title of my "yet another blog post". I guess I'll close the season with the H2H Ringwood race instead.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
OK my reply was too flippant. Is this at all due to the pressure you get from the MTBR community? Or was it totally independent of that? How can you reasonably say that the trails aren't going to be recovered in time? Or is it the idea that you want to avoid the same kind of fallout? Is there really that much fallout?

I mean 3 of NJ's major events were cancelled this year:

1. Running of the Dogs
2. 12 O'Muchy
3. All/More-A-Muchy

What next? Halloween?

This leads me to believe that the angry people posting that we're all wrong, are actually right. At least it insinuates the "IMBAman community" has a stronger point than we've been led to believe.

Random thoughts.

Kirt

JORBA: Chimney Rock, Team MTBNJ.COM
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Norm,

I'm not going to speak for them but I can tell you that the postings had nothing to do with them canceling it. I'll let them tell you their reasons if they so chose.

ryderX

I'd would be easier to explain in person . The bottom line is we made the decision based on our own concerns for the Park, our future ability to promote races and in consideration of the amount of potential work before and after the event, especially with the intense scrutiny we'd be under. Trust me, as dorky or lame as it sounds the 3 of us who make up W2 sports were very upset and emotional about the decision. The 50K race has been something we've talked about for over 10 years, and to see how people embraced it, loved it, and made it somewhat of a local legend/epic event was pretty fucking cool.
We will be doing something as truly epic and unique in the future.
The bottom line is we made a decision based on our own concerns and not based on any outside influences.
Kris Weber

J-Dro

Wow. Incredible. If the weather patterns were shifted and we got this weekends weather a week earlier, everyone would be glowing about how great the 24 hr race was. I'm disappointed but I totally understand and think the decision is admirable. Ride on.

ArmyOfNone

Ya total bummer I was really looking forward to this. Im sure you will all get hammered by many for doing this. However, I give/have much respect for making the responsible decision. I can only imagine what the place looks like after last weekend.

You guys have been at this for a long time. If there were anyone in the biz to make a call like this, you guys are the ones.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
I'd would be easier to explain in person . The bottom line is we made the decision based on our own concerns for the Park, our future ability to promote races and in consideration of the amount of potential work before and after the event, especially with the intense scrutiny we'd be under. Trust me, as dorky or lame as it sounds the 3 of us who make up W2 sports were very upset and emotional about the decision. The 50K race has been something we've talked about for over 10 years, and to see how people embraced it, loved it, and made it somewhat of a local legend/epic event was pretty fucking cool.
We will be doing something as truly epic and unique in the future.
The bottom line is we made a decision based on our own concerns and not based on any outside influences.
Kris Weber

I have been out in the woods on a Allamuchy tour with Mr Weber. I know that he loves this spot. If he says it is the right thing to do than it is. Sometimes you have to wait for the cookies to cool before you eat them.

j

SpartaBard

mmm, total bummer. I was hoping to do it this year, but I guess its a good call.

F'ed if you do, F'ed if you don't.

hardtale70

She's Gone From Suck to Blow
Shop Keep
Wow, there is a frickin god!! I think Norm said something about the mtn saying "get the f off me and go home you stupid bennies".Maybe somebody heard it this time....................

anrothar

entirely thrilled
i felt reeeeeaaaally bad about riding those trails on my morning lap. the damage we all(those of us who rode even 1 lap during the 24 hrs of allamuchy) caused was an atrocity. i really couldn't see it recovering in a month and a half. and for what it's worth, i'm sorry for having a part in it.

i completely understand the need to cancel the all.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Wow, there is a frickin god!! I think Norm said something about the mtn saying "get the f off me and go home you stupid bennies".Maybe somebody heard it this time....................

Well not exactly the way I phrased it. But if that branch landed 5 feet to the left, my morning would have been even more rough than it was. Luckily the mountain didn't send an down an avalanche of rocks. Like I said, if you're into omens.

As for the event being cancelled, if it's the right thing to do then it is. But I'm curious as to what the reality on August 31 is that dictates a race in the first week of October be cancelled.

keithsly

Hate to Bring it up....

Yo guys that sucks.... Only MTB race I planned to do this year and it got cancelled.... I did this race 2 years ago and it was great..... And I will add that the Allamuchy course was a mess (being that I raced in the 24HOA for almost 7 years walking away I said it was the worst condition I ever saw that trail in) and yes it is the right thing to do if the trial will not recover in time...... But the thing I hate to Bring up is the Refund ?? I already registered !!

Last edited:

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
So after some investigative reporting here's the way it shakes out, as I understand it. I don't think the collective opinion here is anywhere near the IMBAman mindset, but there are surely people that wonder about the shape of the trails, and all that goes with it. Basically what it boils down to is this:

Was there trail damage after the 24 hour race? Yes

Will it be fixed? Yes

Who will fix it? Bob & Karen Workman and Kris Weber, and volunteers like you and I.

Will Bob & Karen Workman and Kris Weber have time to devote to running the 50k this year? No.

There you have it. The people that run the 50k are simply going to be busy fixing the trails from the 24 hour race with their free time in the coming weeks. I don't know if people care, or if they do, I don't know how much they care. But I think it's better to clue people in a bit as to what's going on as opposed to leave them in the dark.

I have no association with the event. I just wanted to know what the deal was so I asked a bunch of people some questions and those are the answers I got. Seems fair enough to me.

If I have in any way misrepresented the Workmans or Weber, I apologize.

Top Bottom