6 Mile Run Conditions

gcab

How’s the park otherwise??

Gutted?
Not as bad as I thought it would have been. Smaller mud pits that froze over at the top of the field on Blue coming right out of the parking lot on Canal. And then when that trail comes out of the woods and then goes back in, this was the worst one IMO (pic below). Right before the confluence of blue and red when you come down the side of the hill and there are the rollers on blue before the bridge was a frozen over mud pit corner with lots of tracks through it. They mostly all looked like below. 27 side was in good shape, didn’t seem like much was rutted out over there, but I usually only ride the canal side loop. Additionally, just rode red straight back due to time constraint and didn’t get near the Jacques lot.
6A03A6CE-C00E-402B-BCDA-E5F0EB72E221.jpeg

Reactions: Tim

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Not as bad as I thought it would have been. Smaller mud pits that froze over at the top of the field on Blue coming right out of the parking lot on Canal. And then when that trail comes out of the woods and then goes back in, this was the worst one IMO (pic below). Right before the confluence of blue and red when you come down the side of the hill and there are the rollers on blue before the bridge was a frozen over mud pit corner with lots of tracks through it. They mostly all looked like below. 27 side was in good shape, didn’t seem like much was rutted out over there, but I usually only ride the canal side loop. Additionally, just rode red straight back due to time constraint and didn’t get near the Jacques lot. View attachment 116773

Yeah. That spot needs help. When I get the ditch witch back, I’ll work it

spadela86

Rode out yesterday from the 27 lot ... very much frozen and lots of ice in places, but no mud :) did not go past Middlebush (coming from 27 side). The rut damage is pretty bad but also strictly confined to just a few places.
Am considering heading out there again tomorrow morning while temps are < 30. Does riding over sheets of ice cause any damage? Am very new to MTBing (Nov 2019) so looking to do the right thing.

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Last edited:

rmap01

Indeed.

Unfortunately the weather today is actually perfect, but tons of people rode through that last warm/wet stretch and the park officials weren’t having it.

https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#!/NewJerseyStateParks/photos/a.434588893220303/3118430791502753/?type=3

I’d heed the signs as the state park police love writing tickets.
Says the state park service is "limiting access to a number of mountain bike trails within Six Mile Run..."

As @Bike N Gear indicates, this leaves it open to interpretation almost implying that some trails are still open. Agree that "CLOSED" would be much better.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions