6 Mile Run Conditions

jklett

Except that crossbows seem to be super popular and that’s a trigger pull
Yup. Crossbows are the e-bikes of the bowhunting world. They used to be only legal for people with disabilities that prevented drawing a bow but they opened it up to everyone and the "if it's brown it's down" crowd jumped all over it.

snashters

There are a couple of small trees down on canal side.
One is on red between the blue and white trails, this one is completely blocking the trail.
The other is on blue about 2miles in from the canal lot; I made a start on this one this morning but ran out of time.
Both can be cut with hand saw.

02camaro

It was frozen today but the concrete bridge has water running over it. So I wouldn't start from the 27 lot

Attachments

• 20191219_135836.jpg
    20191219_135836.jpg
    111.7 KB · Views: 207

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Did the full loop this morning, started at Jaques in case I couldnt get across the concrete bridge but that tunred out to be a non issue:

General conditions:

Fields, lots of ice, you can get around it all
Woods, lots of frost heave, some ice. Orange in the twsities was basically all frost heave so speeds were slow, although still faster than @qclabrat 's PR ;)
Fastest Sections: White, some ice sections near the Jaques lot. Red going away from 27 (where it bypasses orange) is really good, however there are 2 big mudholes, which are not frozen. On the second one, it was maybe 10'-15' wide and i tried to bunny hop it and came up a bike length short (LIKE real short) and it was like a mud bomb went off.
Roots, careful, some are ice slick
The concrete bridge has water flowing fast on the one end, but it is only a few inches deep and 100% rideable. Careful as the 27 side of it is ice just as you come out of the water.

OH, and 6 mile is totally going to get f'ed with the thaw this weekend, don't be that person.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Just a heads-up that FREEZE-THAW is very much happening now.

PLEASE do NOT ride these trails when temps are above freezing.

These trails are already getting trashed.

Spread the word.
Can confirm, blue from the Canal Lot to the woods already looks like the Namur cross course from this year.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions