6 Mile Run Conditions

I have the better half of a roll of caution tape I can drop off either at the shop or one of the lots if you want it.

FYI - Saw this shared in one of the NICA groups I follow. This freeze/thaw is the worst time.

1578776986415.png

Saw more than a few bike racks roll through Manville today with very muddy bikes on them. Six probably got abused today.

Kinda hard to believe a member of the am mtbnj road 6 mile this afternoon. And here I thought we preached to the choir in here...

Kinda hard to believe a member of the am mtbnj road 6 mile this afternoon. And here I thought we preached to the choir in here...

ME. I ROAD THERE TODAY. Get out the torches and pitch forks.

I was doing D&R from the lot near halters with no plans of riding six mile. Went over see how it was as the lot was full and ended up doing the small loop from the parking lot.

Saw it was mostly dry, walked around a few of those mini sections that are 20 feet of mud.

I would have assumed it'd be horrible but it actually wasn't therefore I proceeded. Drier than random summer days.

ME. I ROAD THERE TODAY. Get out the torches and pitch forks.

I was doing D&R from the lot near halters with no plans of riding six mile. Went over see how it was as the lot was full and ended up doing the small loop from the parking lot.

Saw it was mostly dry, walked around a few of those mini sections that are 20 feet of mud.

I would have assumed it'd be horrible but it actually wasn't therefore I proceeded. Drier than random summer days.
Small loop being the whole canal side. No way was that blue section in the fields dry. I was there Friday morning and it was frozen solid with ice puddles, which would have been peanut butter today. ??‍♀️

@Santapez is that tree still down on the climb before the steel bridge?

Only new thing that stood out was a double tree that could be ridden over as if someone laid it down to be a log-over. It had a 1 foot gap however where it was cut to ride through. Someone probably cut it but probably couldn't fully pull it off the trail.

There are a ton of new planks near the metal/wooden bridge so that will probably be repaired soon. I noticed that bridge was setup for hinged ramps so it's possible that could also be improved.

It's pouring now so unless we get another warm and windy spell of weather, it's probably bad until spring.

Only new thing that stood out was a double tree that could be ridden over as if someone laid it down to be a log-over. It had a 1 foot gap however where it was cut to ride through. Someone probably cut it but probably couldn't fully pull it off the trail.

There are a ton of new planks near the metal/wooden bridge so that will probably be repaired soon. I noticed that bridge was setup for hinged ramps so it's possible that could also be improved.

It's pouring now so unless we get another warm and windy spell of weather, it's probably bad until spring.
Tommorow is supposed to be below freezing all day. Do you think the trails will be ok to ride tmw?

Got into 6Mile yesterday morning and it was frozen and fast... there was a HUGE tree down about 1.6 miles in on the blue trail, coming from the Canal road lot.
We moved the smaller pieces off the trail. The large piece could be rolled downhill slightly, but would likely block part of the trail.
39AA95A4-BEC0-495C-BB92-71D8FC33CAF3.jpeg

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions