2022 31/31 Ride daily for bragging rights and a reward. TM / Jorba / MtbNJ /

iman29

20 for 31 group - @trener1 in first, @Dominique in second and @The_Mountainside_Menace in third.
Just catching up day 2 of new job killing me.

Aw crap. Missed 3rd place by THAT much in the 20/31 group. I should have paid attention to the totals more.

Would have donated any “winnings” to NICA anyway but this has been great as usual and and least I got 22 days in this time and not 18.
9F5C8161-4E69-42C8-BB15-5BF4AE64C6C5.jpeg

GenghisCon

When I first signed up for this challenge, I figured I'd sign up for the 31, but expected I'd end up bumping down to the 20+ pretty quickly. Ended up making it through the whole thing, with 361 total miles, 180 of them on trail on 11 different trail systems (more if you consider trails like Hartshorn/Huber and Cedar Grove/Hilltop/Mills different systems). My riding improved so much throughout the months (68 PRs on Strava throughout the month), got to know the mtbnj community a lot better, did my first group ride at my local trail, Dickerson Mine, got my first bike park day in at Killington, and got my long overdue JORBA membership set up (just got my shirt and socks in the mail today!). It was awesome seeing everyone's rides every day to find out about new trail systems, and felt a bit of camaraderie knowing I wasn't the only one who has consistent bike maintenance issues. All in all, really happy that @Cassinonorth convinced me to sign up, and very appreciative of everyone who organized it, kept track/totals, and all who participated. Congrats to everyone who finished! Looking forward to doing it again next year!

Gene

The Dancing Machine
The downside to the challenge while riding in NJ before my travels. The bite continued to grow and finally went to an urgent care which put me on antibiotics. Follow up with primary care physician when I get home.

B442D19C-50CC-42A0-94C6-DF18CEF04822.jpeg

Andypowerful

The downside to the challenge while riding in NJ before my travels. The bite continued to grow and finally went to an urgent care which put me on antibiotics. Follow up with primary care physician when I get home.

View attachment 193076
What kind of bite? I got stung by a yellow jacket and it was red and swollen for over a week. It still kind of itches.

Gene

The Dancing Machine
What kind of bite? I got stung by a yellow jacket and it was red and swollen for over a week. It still kind of itches.

Wish I knew. Some like me think it is a tick bite. My wife thinks it is a spider or something else.

Either way, I’m taking Doxycycline 100MG for now as a precaution which got prescribed by urgent care.

Shaggz

A strong 7
27/31: Took a low-speed spill yesterday and am feeling it today. Nothing a little gravel spin couldn't losen up. There's spot of the Sussex Branch Trail near Lafayette Village where turkey vultures hang out in the trees. Very creepy. Tonight they were on the trail feeding on another turkey vulture. Was too grossed out to snap a picture. They eat their own!

View attachment 191958
1661211749237.png

Top Bottom