Getting to know you??? Question #2...

Jack-o

I play with toys and mostly get yelled at for not fixing bikes fast enough.

Sometimes I make sure that people's "junk" doesn't go numb when they are cycling.

Some days I get to make sure that soccer moms bike shorts fit just right.

often I spend hours on MTBNJ while I should be doing Quick books. Sometimes I crush an ass load of cardboard in one day.

Some days I get to answer phone calls from telemarketers in foreign accents with names like John, Suzie or sally. But that isn't their real names.

Other days I get to see new bike stuff before most anyone else and ride cool bikes. Those are good days.

On really good days I get to design, build and ride mt bike trails. This is more rewarding than anything I ever get paid for.

I love what I do and I hate it. Both every day.

I'm an Electrical Designer (I design electrical systems for buildings)

Past lives:

Comic book store manager
Autoparts counter-guy
Stage Crew

I have a great job with shit pay and amazing benefits
57614092.jpg

83239023.jpg

46898133.jpg

24898360.jpg

82943509.jpg

Engineer and business owner. My business partner is a friend from high school - we had all the same classes together and rode on a special bus.:confused:

Our company designs and builds Converting Machinery. These are basically machines that take anything that comes in roll form, unwinds it and converts it into some other form. For those of you that know me - prepare to laugh (at the picture - I am serious about the text)
http://www.catbridge.com/whoweare/promise.aspx
Our customers range from small Mom & Pop operations to Fortune 100 companies with global installations.

Previous history:
Systems technician for Aerospace company
Energy Analyst
Mechanical Design Engineer
Bicycle Mechanic - Bicycle Tech in Lincoln Park
Bar Tender
Stock boy
Bus Boy - for 1 day
Warehouse bitch
Electronics salesman
Cutco knife salesperson

Time to make the doughnuts!!!!

Last edited:
Engineer and business owner. My business partner is a friend from high school - we had all the same classes together and rode on a special bus.:confused:

Our company designs and builds Converting Machinery. These are basically machines that take anything that comes in roll form, unwinds it and converts it into some other form. For those of you that know me - prepare to laugh (at the picture - I am serious about the text)
http://www.catbridge.com/whoweare/promise.aspx
Our customers range from small Mom & Pop operations to Fortune 100 companies with global installations.

Previous history:
Systems technician for Aerospace company
Energy Analyst
Mechanical Design Engineer
Bicycle Mechanic - Bicycle Tech in Lincoln Park
Bar Tender
Stock boy
Bus Boy - for 1 day

Time to make the doughnuts!!!!

I am a big fan of your Duplex Slitter Rewinders.

I have no idea what they do but the name is priceless.

You guys make some crazy shit.

I'm the compliance rep. for Motiva Enterprises NJ Complex. Motiva is the distribution/storage company for Shell Oil, also owned by Shell. I deal with regulatory issues and documentation regarding Security, Air Permits, Water Permits, Inspections, Spill response and cleanup drills/plans, ect.

I've been burried in an audit all this week and have done nothing but eat, barely sleep and work, work, work. :mad: And I still have a week to go, plus this weekend doing more prep.

I am a sales rep for Premiere Global Services www.premiereglobal.com selling Audio and Web Conferencing ie: Web Ex, Microsoft LiveMeeting, and Adobe Connect.

If we ever wanted to get everyone on MTBNJ on a conference call I'm your guy.

Cashier @ Eckerd Pharmacy
Cashier @ Shop Rite
Sandwich maker @ Tastee Sub Shop
Car Detailer
Gym Checker inner guy
Fire Hydrant Painter
Baseball Umpire
Baseball field fixer upper

Professional annoyer. If you need my services just ask. No charge!

Oh my god Fred, when were you a sandwich maker at Tasty Subs, that was my home away from home like foever, I think I remember you!!

I have a degree in Multimedia Design but don't use it. I'm a steel fabricator at Clark Machine down in Baltimore. I do everything from welding to bending to fitting.

Im currently working at a Mechanical Engineering Design firm, and do photography on the weekends shooting weddings/sports/events.

2001 to 2007 I ran DSMotorsport, and online auto parts store for drag racing.

Lots of renaissance folks on here with diverse histories! Awesome!

Between jobs at the moment and fairly new to the area (wife just started in June at Beth Israel Emergency Medicine in Newark). Does anyone know any great IT staffing folks in the Essex County area? I feel like I am lost in the cyber world of job search. Being the husband of an emergency medicine resident should pay better!
My resume is here http://www.timkimrey.com/resume/

Most recently I worked for the state of Virginia Office of the Chief Medical Examiner (Coroner) as an Application Developer/ Database Administrator/ Project Manager implementing a record management system. I never thought going into IT that I would work on a database that had photographs of dead people. Never thought my office would be right by the morgue.

Before that, IT support roles (both hardware and software) and a brief gig in retail at Target (hated it).

Before that telecommunications, networking and video teleconferencing for the Navy and then for the civilian company, GTE, that worked with us (making more money and working less for the same job!)
Also in the navy worked on a lot of communications gear and ran a calibration laboratory for test equipment for a while.

My shortest job ever was Burger King in high school - I lasted 3 hours maybe.

I was also a soda jerk at an ice cream parlor in Greensboro, NC.

I wanted to be an artist, but my dad said artists starve - so I bring art into everything I do. Considering a go at freelance web or graphic design, but that might have to wait.

I went to NJIT in '90-'91. I rocked Redwood Hall. That may have had something to do with why I was not there in '91-'92. :hmmm:

graduated njit with a degree in architecture
practiced architecture for about 8 years

now im a consruction project manager

i didnt rock redwood until 91-92 i was rocking cypress before that

I am a logistics and supply chain manager. warehouses and stuff.

never did get to be the Rally driver I wanted to be!

Next summer Im getting a job at my uncles garage in bound brook. I also go to vo-tech for auto mechanics. My stepfather used to race short track modifieds at east widsor speedway but the track closed up :cry: and I used to hand him tools when he would work on it before the race. So I learned alittle about race engines.

Next summer Im getting a job at my uncles garage in bound brook. I also go to vo-tech for auto mechanics. My stepfather used to race short track modifieds at east widsor speedway but the track closed up :cry: and I used to hand him tools when he would work on it before the race. So I learned alittle about race engines.

i m a auto mechanic too. i used to work for open road mazda then went off to make big bucks at a komatsu dealer...thats bull dozers and wheel loaders heavy equipment. laid off cause no body is digging. now im back in auto and PT at a bar... tyler its a great job plus people are fixing cars not buying new so car dealers are not the place to be. try to get into a place like firestone or pepboys they are real big companies that are always looking for people

Back
Top Bottom