What have you done to your bike today?

I’m much excite to see the finished product.😀
Ask and you shall receive. I had a miscalculation with the brake rotors. I thought I had a pair of 180's but they were only 160's so it's basically done, just waiting on the new rotors.
117390332_10222761269557480_9198886824677183331_o.jpg

Finally got around to squaring away the second hand DH bike I picked up at the end of last season........ please don’t rain next Wednesday....🙏
5C45109E-A3D0-4E3F-B7D3-19BD39C3F359.jpeg

never could get the tire inserts sorted but at least the wheels are re-taped and the tires set up tubeless... yes I know the front logo placement is f’d up..it was perfect the first time i mount it....backwards 🤬... it’s an old tire anyway. It can stay cockeyed until the new one shows up.

Last edited:
I tore down and cleaned up the barracuda after today's TM ride. I drained what seemed like a gallon of water from the bottom bracket, probably from almost losing the bike crossing the overflowing concrete bridge. Popped the seals off all the bearings, cleaned them out, and regreased them. Also did a lower oil change on the fork just in case, even though I just did that a few weeks ago. Only thing I didn't do was the hubs because I didn't have the right size cone wrench, I'll have to take care of that soon.

Ripped the stock Turbo tires in the 2 rides I did with these wheels. (200 miles) Which I actually think is a world record for Turbo tires. Cottons usually last me a single event.

Anywhoo. Mounted some of those Limited Edition TDF GP5000s.

20200813_214412.jpg

I tore down and cleaned up the barracuda after today's TM ride. I drained what seemed like a gallon of water from the bottom bracket, probably from almost losing the bike crossing the overflowing concrete bridge. Popped the seals off all the bearings, cleaned them out, and regreased them. Also did a lower oil change on the fork just in case, even though I just did that a few weeks ago. Only thing I didn't do was the hubs because I didn't have the right size cone wrench, I'll have to take care of that soon.
Have you treated the insides with JPW or linseed? Do at least the BB and stays if you can get in there

Back
Top Bottom