What are you watching now?

maybe i missed it, but has anyone mentioned Watchmen on HBO? we saw it and i think it's phenomenal... by far one of the best shows i've seen in a long time.

maybe i missed it, but has anyone mentioned Watchmen on HBO? we saw it and i think it's phenomenal... by far one of the best shows i've seen in a long time.

Is it based on the comic books? Wasn't there a Watchmen movie?

Is it based on the comic books? Wasn't there a Watchmen movie?
yes... there was a watchmen movie but i honestly couldn't get into it at the time... and that's based on the graphic novel... the tv show is something like 30 years after that...

Started watching it, but didn't seem great. Does it get good? I want to give it a chance.

Like@shrpshter325 say, give it a chance. Good sci-fi is more of a slow-burn, with a plot that slowly reveals itself, vs. a bunch of flash-bang that doesn't leave enough time to think.

I’ve read 3 of the books so I kind of want to finish the series first. I hate crossing streams like this but goddamn those books are big.

I never even knew there was a book series, but should have known. As a huge sci-fi and horror fan, I got into it because it had such a positive buzz, and have not been disappointed. I read an interesting article on how the show was rescued after cancellation by Bezos because he is such a huge fan. Intention is the see the series through till the end, but not shelve characters like the book does.

Back
Top Bottom