What are you watching now?

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I started watching 6 Underground today. I lasted half of 6 - 3 minutes and I gave up.

Watched Jackie Brown instead. Not totally a classic but still a solid movie. I don't necessarily remember having seen this. But a fair amount of things at this time period of my life are a blur. So maybe I did.

roc

I started watching 6 Underground today. I lasted half of 6 - 3 minutes and I gave up.

Watched Jackie Brown instead. Not totally a classic but still a solid movie. I don't necessarily remember having seen this. But a fair amount of things at this time period of my life are a blur. So maybe I did.
How in the world did you decide to watch “Jackie brown”. That’s the one with pam Grier, right? Like you said, decent movie, i am just curious, how with everything out there, thats where you went.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
How in the world did you decide to watch “Jackie brown”. That’s the one with pam Grier, right? Like you said, decent movie, i am just curious, how with everything out there, thats where you went.

I have a bunch of lists of movies I want to watch (or rewatch) and once I’m on the bike, I don’t spend too much time thinking about it. When my first pick didn’t work I just pulled up my Netflix board (Trello) and it was near the top.

And so it goes.

serviceguy

Is anybody still watching (or ever watched) Vikings ? It was good (I'm a sucker for costume movies/series) but after this many seasons it seems a little bit tired...

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Is anybody still watching (or ever watched) Vikings ? It was good (I'm a sucker for costume movies/series) but after this many seasons it seems a little bit tired...

On my list of things to check out but I’ve never been drawn in enough yet.

Sell it to me. Why should I watch?

serviceguy

ones
On my list of things to check out but I’ve never been drawn in enough yet.

Sell it to me. Why should I watch?

There's Vikings in it. Ironically, played by Australian or Scottish actors. And some Danish ones .

People gets killed in horrible ways (executions blood-eagle style).

Good, massive battle scenes with chopped limbs (in the later seasons at least, in the first few seasons not so much, you were to believe that a dozen of Vikings would have conquered England).

Facial tattoos.

Mildly historically based but very inaccurate (the main characters were mostly real Vikings, but the plot makes them all related living at the same time, while they were actually from different generations and spread through a few centuries in reality).

Did I mention there's Vikings in it ? They speak funny, the accent can be really off putting, but my wife loves it so I guess it's subjective.

That's it.

ekuhn

Watched the Irishman. Longer than you’d expect. Told the Hoffa story well. Between De Niro, Pesci, and Pacino it was great, but gosh those guys are getting old to be playing the same old mobsters.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Watched American Factory today. Documentary on an Ohio factory run by a Chinese company. Pretty fair view of the whole situation, I thought.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Just finished Ken Burns
Vietnam war
Never enough war docs for this guy.
What an absolute superb doc as usual by Ken. You get everything that you weren't told in HS and beyond. Absolutely a atrocious war and cause. As a kid I remember the daily TV coverage and friends who's uncle's and dads were killed or mia. I had an hippy uncle prepared to go to Canada if his draft number came. Amazing how public polls back then favored so many ill thinking decisions.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
On a tip from @jmanic I watched the first season of Into the Badlands over the past 2 days. I like it, solid. Post apocalyptic Game of Thrones + A Clockwork Orange + a dash of Lemony Snicket.

First season was 6 episodes, and 2nd is 10 and 3rd is 16. Not sure who the F maths this way but it is what it is.

I'll roll this out on the trainer until I am done with it. Started Chapter 7 which is S2E1. But my chrome-cast took a dump so I stopped for the day.

A whole shit ton of killing but in that Kill Bill kind of way, as opposed to The Wire kind of way.

shrpshtr325

Infinite Source of Sarcasm
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Watched the first episode of the latest season of the grand tour.... Really good, even my wife and 5 year old son loved it

i wanted to watch this on the plane, but my wife got upset that i was going to watch it without her, so one night this week it will be watched.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
Free Solo last night

Search for Amelia Earheart's Airplane - this is excellent, much more than a search for movie.
Issues that we are trying to overcome today.

Last edited:
Top Bottom