The (unofficial) Tour de Fat

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Off the top, thank you all for the BD well wishes. Its the natural part we all can agree on, that your day of birth is worth recognition. We become worldly in time from pure innocence. It is whats learned in between life and death that we can agree to not agree on at times and thats ok. One thing is certain, I was born in America and made in the USA. God Bless America and me :)

Today P and I drove out to Trexler nature preserve. I used to say probably not worth the drive but now I say go west young man. Even if you go to ride the boarder trail alone, which I highly recommend to all you gravel riders seeing there were a fair share. Yes the trail surface is like six mile but the terrain is on steroids. If your not going up then your going down. This is the boarder trail.

As far the north side of the park (they call the MTB side) this is where all the fun is. Take HB flow trail and X by 10. So much packed into a general area. The landscape almost has a west coast feel. Definitely check this section of park if not all its worth the trip out.

20201121_121930.jpg
Screenshot_20201121-160953_Photos.jpg
20201121_112441.jpg
20201121_124727.jpg

JimN

Captain Wildcat
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Your birthday ride at Mooch in 2009 was my first time riding with other people, and I think it was also the first time I rode someplace that wasn't Lewis Morris. The happy memories of that day are forever burned into my brain for how humbling and eye opening it was. Happy birthday, and I'm glad you were able to get out in the woods and enjoy some unseasonably amazing weather with your better half!

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Merry Christmas to my extended family, my hopes are your spending it with the people you love.

@moose35 Happy Birthday my friend! you share the same day as my gramps may he rest in peace!

Things have slowed down on the biking end for now. I cant seem to pull out that dreaded trainer but my road bike seems pretty useless these days so maybe i should get that setup today so at least its there if the urge comes.

I am starting my search now to make Sedona happen February or March, need to check in with @R grate to see what deets he has.

Work is a killer right now, absolutely slammed.

With the rain and temps wiping out the snow it looks like Tuesday and Thursday fight club is back on regular schedule.

Have a safe and prosperous New Year!

moose35

Merry Christmas to my extended family, my hopes are your spending it with the people you love.

@moose35 Happy Birthday my friend! you share the same day as my gramps may he rest in peace!

Things have slowed down on the biking end for now. I cant seem to pull out that dreaded trainer but my road bike seems pretty useless these days so maybe i should get that setup today so at least its there if the urge comes.

I am starting my search now to make Sedona happen February or March, need to check in with @R grate to see what deets he has.

Work is a killer right now, absolutely slammed.

With the rain and temps wiping out the snow it looks like Tuesday and Thursday fight club is back on regular schedule.

Have a safe and prosperous New Year!
Thanks Matty

R grate

Mattybfat I didn’t hear from you so I made plans already , I’m picking up my new KTM the 3 rd week of March in AZ , I plan on doing extreme off-road race in page az on 20-21 of March , I planned on bringing my mtb and riding Sedona that next week . The race is about 3 hours from sedona . I will bring the toy hauler and camp . Let me know if that works , merry Christmas buddy I will be thinking of you as I’m skiing Utah the next 12 days 😁 life is good !

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Mattybfat I didn’t hear from you so I made plans already , I’m picking up my new KTM the 3 rd week of March in AZ , I plan on doing extreme off-road race in page az on 20-21 of March , I planned on bringing my mtb and riding Sedona that next week . The race is about 3 hours from sedona . I will bring the toy hauler and camp . Let me know if that works , merry Christmas buddy I will be thinking of you as I’m skiing Utah the next 12 days 😁 life is good !
Will be in touch, that time may work better for me anyhow.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Dead thread? Or is it nobody's been to
20210428_055812.jpg

Well truth be told its been 20+ years since I have ridden this park. Man what a difference since then. Used to be just a 5 mile loop back in the day. Some many new trails and B-lines. What was a bland park now has plenty of spice. So much cool in again another small park in the area. Found trails jumps in the back and saw they had machines at the lot for the skills park that is being built at the moment. Fun park will adventure again when I can have more time.

jmanic

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
Staff member
JORBA.ORG
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Dead thread? Or is it nobody's been to
View attachment 156608

Well truth be told its been 20+ years since I have ridden this park. Man what a difference since then. Used to be just a 5 mile loop back in the day. Some many new trails and B-lines. What was a bland park now has plenty of spice. So much cool in again another small park in the area. Found trails jumps in the back and saw they had machines at the lot for the skills park that is being built at the moment. Fun park will adventure again when I can have more time.
Never would have guessed that, though the house in the background should have given it away.
I used to hit that when I was working in the Bronx on my way home.
Love that place.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I need to check that out soon. A buddy of mine has been helping with the new build. He claims the skills park is going to be legit.

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Been there a few times in the last 2 years. Pretty fun place. We were surprised that it doesn’t get more love.

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
7 days in pictures
20210423_122238.jpg
20210424_135231.jpg
20210425_155717.jpg
20210426_061614.jpg
20210427_064326.jpg
20210428_055812.jpg

20210429_060904.jpg

A wise man once said "ride an hour everyday to keep mental health at bay" so I try to ride 2 hrs because I need a lot help 😁

Back to my early bird rides and already feel much better. Seems since my mom passed I kinda got off the regular then came the big snow. After the 30" snowfall we had I shut down completely. This was perfect time though as my knee had been smarting for close to six months. The break did my knee good but the 20 lbs that I put on, well let's just say I yoyo a little bit. At least I'm not starting where I have in the past and should be back in prime time soon enough.

What's different this time is I am staying off the SS for a bit to keep the knee from crapping out again. I am trying to avoid the doctor visits at all cost. I got as far as having the x-ray but kept getting pushed off for the follow up by my doctor to the point I said screw it. Yes I feel a twinge on every ride but I am not bashful to shift down to pie plate in the rear.

Here's to another year of riding and praying for a healthy one 🤘

Mitch

Team MTBNJ Halter's
7 days in pictures
View attachment 156652View attachment 156653View attachment 156654View attachment 156658View attachment 156655View attachment 156659
View attachment 156657

A wise man once said "ride an hour everyday to keep mental health at bay" so I try to ride 2 hrs because I need a lot help 😁

Back to my early bird rides and already feel much better. Seems since my mom passed I kinda got off the regular then came the big snow. After the 30" snowfall we had I shut down completely. This was perfect time though as my knee had been smarting for close to six months. The break did my knee good but the 20 lbs that I put on, well let's just say I yoyo a little bit. At least I'm not starting where I have in the past and should be back in prime time soon enough.

What's different this time is I am staying off the SS for a bit to keep the knee from crapping out again. I am trying to avoid the doctor visits at all cost. I got as far as having the x-ray but kept getting pushed off for the follow up by my doctor to the point I said screw it. Yes I feel a twinge on every ride but I am not bashful to shift down to pie plate in the rear.

Here's to another year of riding and praying for a healthy one 🤘
What size are the SS? Askin for a friend

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
7 days in *maps
* one day I did not map
Stole a pic from @MadisonDan
Screenshot_20210506-070850_Trailforks.jpg
1A757600-8EB6-4AC0-A2E6-446D8D1B40BE.jpeg
Screenshot_20210506-070155_Trailforks.jpg
Screenshot_20210506-070517_Trailforks.jpg
Screenshot_20210506-070536_Trailforks.jpg
Screenshot_20210506-071110_Trailforks.jpg
Screenshot_20210506-070951_Trailforks.jpg

So the rides are getting a little easier but not much gain in loss of weight. I am only needing 20 lbs. I should see a big drop in about another week now that I switched to extreme low carbs.
It is a challenge to pass of the sweet stuff. I've quit plenty of recreational goods but I think sugar alone is the hardest.

I was very nervous to actually accept a leaders role at Port jervis Sunday with some team guys. I was asked to show the boys around and as I had a pretty good lay of the trails but not much fitness to hold up with this crew. I managed to point and skip some trails only to lose my crew. I felt bad, if I was able fitness wise we could of avoided some of those occurrences. Anyway I also got strung out further then I wanted to and ended up on a trail I hated the last time i was there. Reminds me of the old days before phones and GPS where you learn the park by getting lost.

Had a sleep study test last night as my 20 yr old Cpap bit the dust and needed to go through the whole process again to get a new one. Dr scolded me again for not replacing it at the mandatory 5 yr replacement time. It will be nice to have a new an improved unit. It's been 3 months now and have had two apnea attacks. I dread going through those. Because this test was done in Stroudsburg I was short on time this morning so I decided to just do Toe/Ho laps.

20210504_063515.jpg

Live to Ride Ride to Live ✌

MadisonDan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
7 days in *maps
* one day I did not map
Stole a pic from @MadisonDan
View attachment 157201View attachment 157207View attachment 157202View attachment 157203View attachment 157204View attachment 157205View attachment 157206

So the rides are getting a little easier but not much gain in loss of weight. I am only needing 20 lbs. I should see a big drop in about another week now that I switched to extreme low carbs.
It is a challenge to pass of the sweet stuff. I've quit plenty of recreational goods but I think sugar alone is the hardest.

I was very nervous to actually accept a leaders role at Port jervis Sunday with some team guys. I was asked to show the boys around and as I had a pretty good lay of the trails but not much fitness to hold up with this crew. I managed to point and skip some trails only to lose my crew. I felt bad, if I was able fitness wise we could of avoided some of those occurrences. Anyway I also got strung out further then I wanted to and ended up I a trail I hated the last I was there. Reminds me of the old days before phones and GPS where you learn the park by getting lost.

Had a sleep study test last night as my 20 yr old Cpap bit the dust and needed to go through the whole process again to get a new one. Dr scolded me again for not replacing it at the mandatory 5 yr replacement time. It will be nice to have a new an improved unit. It's been 3 months now and have had two apnea attacks. I dread going through those. Because this test was done in Stroudsburg I was short on time this morning I decided to just do Toe/Ho laps.

View attachment 157208

Live to Ride Ride to Live ✌
Gettin a little lost with friends is better than getting totally lost solo.
Next time we park at the lot at the bottom and start w/Painted Apron, which, by the way, was pretty fucking awesome.

Keep peddling @mattybfat

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Not sure if you know this... but MOUNTAIN CREEK IS OPEN. Just saying. Lemme know when we lappin....

mattybfat

The Opinion Police
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Enduro Bro Morning

How to start your day with a smile
3 haley toes
1 pots & pans
1 burger
1 tally ho

Screenshot_20210518-084240_Trailforks.jpg

The Ripmo just feels right everytime I swing a leg over it. The geo matches up perfect to what I want in my ride. I tried to copy that with the Vassago Radimus but all the tweaking is not accomplishing the job. The geo numbers for the vassago are 67 HT and 74 ST with a 620 stack with a 140 fork. I come to the conclusion it's the seat tube angle. I have my saddle jammed all the way forward to get my center over the BB more but I still have to get up further to keep the front end from wandering. With the Ripmo with a 64.9 HT and 76 ST with a 630 stack with a 160 fork just makes this bike stay planted. Never does it want to wander. Ripmo is longer which I could move my chainstays length to match and see if that helps or drop the fork to 130 but then I am moving away from the playfulness of it.

So what's the answer, well thats where the Canfield Nimble 9 comes in. With a 66 HT and 77 ST with a stack of 630 with a 140 fork I may find that holy grail from ripmo to hardtail. The Canfield is "know in my house" as the bike for my son. This may change after I get it in a couple weeks and put some time on it. One of these days I do want to also try the Honzo ESD though for what I ride I doubt I would want something as slack as a 63 HT but call me curious. Yes I still love my hardtails and quite honestly ride them typically 6 out of the 7 days a week.

20210518_072735.jpg

Easy Rider ✌

Top Bottom