The (unofficial) Tour de Fat

If you want proper grammar and punctuation then I advise you to read @Norm blog. What you get here is a barely earned High School diploma from North Warren regional that could be argued qualifies less then a GED.

My reply was about the letter from Lance, not your writing. I very much enjoy your blog the way it is 😁

So ok, fuck, grammar, in, here,,,,,,,,,,,;;;;;;;

We were riding there like 2 weeks ago and @capedoc just slow rolled himself over on Hally To in what was such an awesome thing to watch. You roadie pricks are fun to mountain bike with.

Order these from best to worst:

1. Pots & Pans
2. Burger Meister
3. Tally Ho

Pots and pans need to start from golden intersection. It's a fast run but worth your climb. If you notice I usually skip tally because nothing else it's over before you started. If I'm climbing that stupid hill multiple times it better be worth it.
Burger is one you do over and over till you have every inch dialed and you have to start at the very top. Better then all is of course orange Crush, sketchy AF and steep for stephens standards. So much potential for some steep downs that could make tally look silly. Problem is it's NJ...

June 2 is the new Christmas, how did you do.

Me

And a bonus in the brown box
View attachment 158994View attachment 158995

The frame and paint is just over the top quality
Can't wait to throw leg over this beauty

😀👍
Nice @mattybfat! I've been trying to locate a Canfield Skully stem cap since my bike has Canfield Balance Formula rear suspension. I understand the Canfield Brothers split the company and parted ways, and so mine only has "CBF" on the rear triangle. Canfield Bikes only seems to sell a Skully head tube badge though and no stem cap.

So ok, fuck, grammar, in, here,,,,,,,,,,,;;;;;;;

We were riding there like 2 weeks ago and @capedoc just slow rolled himself over on Hally To in what was such an awesome thing to watch. You roadie pricks are fun to mountain bike with.

Order these from best to worst:

1. Pots & Pans
2. Burger Meister
3. Tally Ho
My multi-tool is still on that mountain somewhere. F!

Ready for mtbnj group gather!!!
20210605_174830.jpg
20210605_174808.jpg
20210605_174817.jpg

My day started with 10 mile fog ride at 5:30 in stephens
Then made eggs summer sausage and cheese plate
Then installed 2 U Joints on my truck drive shaft
Then assembled this bike.

I have an hour an half to do wife things before she gets home, 😆.

See yous tomorrow ✌

Too early for the steam bath weather!

It was definitely a hot one yesterday and I'm not adjusted to it just quite yet. It's one of the reasons I ride early to avoid the sweltering heat of summer. But even early this morning was no picnic and the damn biting flies are here ☹

@thegock asks how the new whip rides. Probably the best out of the box bike ever, obviously an expression as it was anything but. One its a testament to what I like in parts, and being bike number 3 in past year. Every one of those all have the same touch components, so the only difference would be frames and geo. As I have said before I wanted to go from Ripmo to hardtail and feel like I'm not missing a beat. The Vassago did not fit the bill, but I have found the holy grail. As soon as I jumped on Canfield Nimble 9 I knew.

So after yesterday's group ride I came out of it with a smile knowing that I won't need to go purchase a Kona ESD or some other frame to satisfy me. Vassago will go to the boy.

What I like, first off the bike is poppy and playful. I have it set at 415 chainstays and can tell the difference from 77 degree seatube with a higher stack then the Vassago. At 66 degrees on the head tube, I don't see the need for anything slacker. The bike plays well with the DVO diamond 150mm fork which is what I love about these new geo formats capable of longer travel without the nervousness in climbing. Again this is where this bike matches the ripmo. As this morning proved haley toe on the nimble 9 was just sit back and spin on up.
20210607_060630~2.jpg
20210607_062533.jpg

Maybe it's me but everyone should own a really good hardtail in this day of everything squishy ✌

20210610_060937.jpg

2021 Nimble 9
I laced up stans sentry to spank hex hubs with pillar spokes brass nips
Maxxis Rekon F Rekon Race R
DVO diamond 150mm
White Industries 165mm crank 30t and BB
Diety spacers
Spank 45 stem
Sq Lab x30 16° sweep bars with Sq Lab 711 grips
Microshift advent x groupo with pro shift
Trans X 170mm dropper and lever
Salsa lip lock seat post clamp
King Headset
Formula Cura brakes 160r 180f
Fizik aliante saddle

This parts list is exactly same for my other bikes, I wanted to go from Ripmo to Hardtail and feel like I'm not missing a beat. This was a home run!

4 days off the bike makes me sad.

I put myself up on the self. Out of nowhere my previous knee problem just reappeared. Just like magic that old familiar pain. The worst part is everyday it has been getting worse. I guess it's back to the drawing board where I need to follow up on the xray I had done in January. The ortho I was dealing with was a total flake but such is the way it goes with any doctors today. They literally canceled my appointments 4x then screwed up getting my x-rays and wanted to redo. That's when I walked out said fuck it. Guess they get the last laugh as I try to do my job in pain.

Bike content will be little if any at this point, super bummed out 👎

4 days off the bike makes me sad.

I put myself up on the self. Out of nowhere my previous knee problem just reappeared. Just like magic that old familiar pain. The worst part is everyday it has been getting worse. I guess it's back to the drawing board where I need to follow up on the xray I had done in January. The ortho I was dealing with was a total flake but such is the way it goes with any doctors today. They literally canceled my appointments 4x then screwed up getting my x-rays and wanted to redo. That's when I walked out said fuck it. Guess they get the last laugh as I try to do my job in pain.

Bike content will be little if any at this point, super bummed out 👎
Fuck.

So that 4 days turned into 7 then I said f*ck it. I can pedal all day thats not the problem. I am certainly not dealing with this now in the heart of the season. I havent exactly been riding everyday but minimum of 5 days average.

Got back to my car one day last week at deer Park and as I was saving my ride log Olive started growling, looked up to see this guy not giving a hoot about us. About 20 yards Nonchalantly walk pass us like we weren't even there.
20210617_072318.jpg

Past 2 mornings I had company, @Fat Trout decided to give this early bird riding a go. Can't say enough about having company on these rides to keep me out of my head.
20210625_062932.jpg

Have a great weekend ✌

Did this place close, what's with heavy dust and spider webs. Speaking of spiderwebs, everyone ready for palm size spiders flying to a trail near you?

If you totally ignore or purposely, the "ebike" thread you may want to do same here 😉

If your a hater then you'll most likely own an emtb
If you don't care one way or the other you will buy a emtb
If you roll your eyes, yes I saw you, you will buy a emtb
Here's my best advice for those folks, don't ride your buddy's emtb. Hold out for as long as you can, haha.

I am a emtb convert and I like it. Oh hell, I love it!
Took the new whip out on its maiden voyage. Started at the bottom of earthworm mind you I would not be starting here on my human powered bike at this point of the year. I had a pretty tough winter, lots of excuses, but we don't need to get into that.

I can't explain it in words the feeling but it is definitely an utterly awesome feeling to power up a climb that would crush me even in good fitness. To make that climb bottom to top and power through the switchbacks is again an odd but satisfying feeling. Is this cheating like everyone likes to say, maybe but I was gased at the top. Thing is I didn't stop this bike wants you to just keep moving. I forced myself to stop this insanely fun time I was having to take a couple pics and gulp some water. All said I covered half of ST, freaking middle, cardiacs, bitchslap, ice cream, bumps, white and yellow.

I didn't record the ride but there is no question I covered much more then I could of anticipated, smiling every damn mile. Oh and it kicked my ass too. Legs were fried and heart was pumping. Really want to start follow some stats for sure. Again North would be a month or so away for me at this level of fitness, I can only imagine where this can go. I said to Patty this is the most fun I had on a bike in a really long time.

20220318_161237.jpg
20220318_153632.jpg

20220318_163309.jpg

Also JimV was able to hunt down turbo levo for Patty as I can't have all the fun. JimV went above and beyond, even staying after closing to get this to me so lady and I go eride this weekend. Thank You!!!
20220318_183146.jpg

If your eshopping good luck because these things are pretty rare to find.

Back
Top Bottom