The BearScat 50!!!!!!!

Despite going otb at least twice, pearl is 1 foot off Dustin, who is in the lead in SS, only 1 guy in front of him at all on a geared bike!

Any updates Luke? Stuck inside at a communion need some excitement.

Any chance I can get a gps or map of the BS course so I can ride it tomorrow. Is it somewhere along the lines of this?

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/36626866

There are some trails in the course that are not finished being built/cut, so you can't currently ride the whole thing anyway.. But I will say this; almost everything on the near side of the gasline will be included, and almost everything on the far side will not.

Last edited:
http://www.blackbearcycling.com/scat11/coursemap.html#cars

Are the new trails all finished?

Is anybody available this weekend or next and able to lead a pre-ride?

Thanks.

I thought a part of Pumphouse was hike-a-bike? I guess they will re-route?

Rattlesnake backwards will be painful.

If it's not raining, I will probably be there this Sat.

The course overall doesn't look too bad (although I've never ridden pumphouse), but I'm pretty relieved cause doing all the Waway single track over 50 miles would have been nuts. 50 miles of anything at Waway is nothing to laugh at.

I thought a part of Pumphouse was hike-a-bike? I guess they will re-route?

Rattlesnake backwards will be painful.

If it's not raining, I will probably be there this Sat.

The course overall doesn't look too bad (although I've never ridden pumphouse), but I'm pretty relieved cause doing all the Waway single track over 50 miles would have been nuts. 50 miles of anything at Waway is nothing to laugh at.

Wait till you go up hoferlein thats nothing but a dried up river bed straight up!
sitting bear is really nice going that direction . ive never been on pumphouse either. but ive heard it really only walkable? looks like there a new trail from rockadendron to cedar swamp also.

There is a trail work session Sunday at 8am to finish the work on Pumphouse if anyone would like to help out. If you plan on pre-riding it before then you need scuba gear. I'll be doing a full lap as soon as the TM is over, which should be around 12-1pm. If you're not racing the 6 pack and want to join me, feel free and RSVP here. Pace will be similar to race day.

Does anyone have a gpx file of the race loop that they can share? that would be greatly appreciated, i'm not that familiar with Wayway to follow the map from the Blackbear site. Hoping to preride on Saturday, cant do Sunday, I wish its because i'm racing the 6 pack but for something else not bike related that was scheduled yr in advance.

Last edited:
Does anyone have a gpx file of the race loop that they can share? that would be greatly appreciated, i'm not that familiar with Wayway to follow the map from the Blackbear site. Hoping to preride on Saturday, cant do Sunday, I wish its because i'm racing the 6 pack but for something else not bike related that was scheduled yr in advance.

I don't have one yet.

might need scuba gear to finish the work Sunday. Was out last night and not only is that area under water but the 5" of rain had the rock bridge on Red Dot under water too.

When the water receeds though you can get through the area.

No worries though as there is other work that needs to be done like pruning back all the bitch slapping brush that has sprouted out since the May 1 race.

Worse!
Thanks Norm.

I guess I'll wait till it dries up. Anyone wanna take a trip to Blue Mt for a long steady ride on Saturday am?

I love Blue. I would love to go but I have a commitment for that day that was booked 2 years ago.:D Have fun.

might need scuba gear to finish the work Sunday. Was out last night and not only is that area under water but the 5" of rain had the rock bridge on Red Dot under water too.

When the water receeds though you can get through the area.

No worries though as there is other work that needs to be done like pruning back all the bitch slapping brush that has sprouted out since the May 1 race.

Yeah, I was afraid that might be the case. The rain this week was friggin ridiculous. I'll be there anyway for some lopping. Do we still have logs to remove on Rattlesnake and Plymouth?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom