TDF updates

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I guess we can have one thread to cover all the updates as opposed to starting a new thread for each stage worth mentioning. Anyway, Stage 1 yesterday was awesome. I was surprised it took the peleton that long to catch the lead 2, but they finally got 'em with, what, 2 miles left? Then no one could resist, at least three riders went off in search of gold only to be gassed and easily caught, and with a few hundred meters Valverde goes and gets whathisnameinblue and times it perfectly for the win. Awesome. My wife and mother-in-law were both cheering and don't even like cycling. This shit should be on network TV.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
another kick-ass finish for stage 2. thor hushod with the win in a stage where a sprinter like him had to really work for it. my 2-yr old was yelling, go! go!

BiknBen

My son exclaimed that he is already sick of the Saab commercial. I asked him to get used to it. He's gonna see it a lot this month. :rofl:

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
I got so excited when Fabien pulled off the front, I wanted him to make it:D He's my pick for the overall this year, I'm never right, I voted for Vino last year:(

-Jim.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I got so excited when Fabien pulled off the front, I wanted him to make it:D He's my pick for the overall this year, I'm never right, I voted for Vino last year:(

-Jim.

if fabien makes a move in the mountains, I will be impressed. He seems too cool for that climbing business though...

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
My son exclaimed that he is already sick of the Saab commercial. I asked him to get used to it. He's gonna see it a lot this month. :rofl:

the saab commercial is getting old but i simply cannot stand the "reversal of dopers" Versus spot now. lots of doping in year's past. hopefully not now. got it. :rolleyes: they're gonna look stupid when someone gets caught again this year.

BiknBen

I got so excited when Fabien pulled off the front, I wanted him to make it:D He's my pick for the overall this year, I'm never right...

Fabian climbs like a bag of bricks...

He'll take a TT or a dramatic stage win. GC??? Never gonna happen.

BiknBen

I had my people contact Thor's people. He's gonna keep his tongue in his mouth from now on. :p

thor4_Teaser.jpg

RNG1

I found all the commercials unbearable after watching one stage. It also made for a necessary explanation to my kids why they were all going backwards, which wasn't necessarily a bad thing to teach some ethics but everytime it came on it was like " why are they going backwards?" almost as bad as "are we there yet?". I will watch the duration off my DVR so I can fast forward through the countless commercial repetition. With the time I save I can probably do a bunch of century rides.
I do think the action has been great so far though.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
The break surives!!

How about that poop? When was the last time you remember that happening? USA dude Will from Slipstream right there in the mix as well, bumped himself into 3rd overall, I guess that's what they mean by "The Power of Argyle":D

-Jim.

BiknBen

How about that poop? When was the last time you remember that happening? USA dude Will from Slipstream right there in the mix as well, bumped himself into 3rd overall...

Careful Jim. Don't post spoilers so soon. I was reading live updates and knew what happened. Some others may be waiting to see the coverage later in the day.

It read like a great stage today. Looking forward to watching it 2nite.

Last edited:

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
How about that poop? When was the last time you remember that happening? USA dude Will from Slipstream right there in the mix as well, bumped himself into 3rd overall, I guess that's what they mean by "The Power of Argyle":D

-Jim.
Next thing you're gonna tell us is that there's no Santa Claus, right?

bozizle

Slipstream

It's great to see Slipstream riding agressive when they can. I hope Christian Vande Velde has a good showing at this years tour and hopefully they pull off a stage victory.

clarkenstein

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
crap - i'm gonna have to stay away from this thread... i still will watch tonight but i'm gonna have to resist the spoilers.

i thought i wasn't going to watch this year - the doping stuff initially had me turned off after last year, but then i figured i watch and deal with doping in baseball, football, soccer, olympic trials, golf and god knows what else... so why not cycling?

the first two stages were real fun to watch.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Give us spoiler alerts please

I'm going to be watching it at nights during the week so ring the spoiler alert please.

RNG1

crap - i'm gonna have to stay away from this thread... i still will watch tonight but i'm gonna have to resist the spoilers.

i thought i wasn't going to watch this year - the doping stuff initially had me turned off after last year, but then i figured i watch and deal with doping in baseball, football, soccer, olympic trials, golf and god knows what else... so why not cycling?

the first two stages were real fun to watch.

My thoughts exactly with the first line!

Top Bottom