TDF updates

Ricco can suck it. I was really stoked to see him stepping it up, now people will continue to question any good ride. a-holes.

What a jackass! I read that NYT article, and if it's true, I hope all those that are found guilty of doping get to do 5 years in a French prison. We'll see if that stops this crap.

Ricco can suck it. I was really stoked to see him stepping it up, now people will continue to question any good ride. a-holes.

i totally agree, it was so exciting to see him fly up the hill away from the competition. Well, at least Cavendish is making it exciting now.

But where's McEwen been? Phil and the announcers keep mentioning him but I haven't seen him on TV in a week.
He's got no leadout anymore. The team is built around Cadel's GC chances.

I'm a big fan of McEwen, but I also think he just is not as fast as he once was. Cavendish is clearly operating at another level from everyone else right now. Some of the overhead replays have been ridiculous in illustrating his horsepower advantage. Pretty cool.

But where's McEwen been? Phil and the announcers keep mentioning him but I haven't seen him on TV in a week.

This year's Tour is not friendly to the sprinters. No prologue or time bonuses caught many of the Sprinters out. They typically spend the first week contesting sprints but this year was different.

McEwen has no team support although he never has in the past either. He's continuously proved to be a savvy rider in the sprints. He seems a little flat this year. At this point he is only in the tour to win the final stage.

The broadcasters love him because he's an English speaker and often provides a good sound-bite for the viewers.

This year's Tour is not friendly to the sprinters. No prologue or time bonuses caught many of the Sprinters out. They typically spend the first week contesting sprints but this year was different.

McEwen has no team support although he never has in the past either. He's continuously proved to be a savvy rider in the sprints. He seems a little flat this year. At this point he is only in the tour to win the final stage.

The broadcasters love him because he's an English speaker and often provides a good sound-bite for the viewers.

what do you think of the newer format (no time bonuses). i think its pretty cool for the overall, but i think the sprinters have lost out.

what do you think of the newer format (no time bonuses). i think its pretty cool for the overall, but i think the sprinters have lost out.

There are pros and cons. I think I prefer no bonuses. That keeps the time differences true.

I don't think the bonuses are effecting the sprinters much this year. When the tour included a prologue stage, the sprinters would finish within a few seconds of the winner. In the stages that follow, the prologue winner would only have to finish with the peloton in order to keep the jersey. The time bonuses allowed the sprinters to make up the time lost in the prologue and get the jersey. This is what made the first week of the Tour so crazy. There would be a dozen guys within reach of the jersey if they won the stage.

With no prologue this year, the time bonuses didn't matter much.

Yesterdays stage was interesting. That descent to the finish was so fast, they were flat out flying down that thing to the finish line. The one Russian rider who went off road was so lucky he didn't fly off a cliff. I wonder if his bike ever stopped going down that mountain. I'd love to see those roads in person one day.

Yesterdays stage was interesting. That descent to the finish was so fast, they were flat out flying down that thing to the finish line. The one Russian rider who went off road was so lucky he didn't fly off a cliff. I wonder if his bike ever stopped going down that mountain. I'd love to see those roads in person one day.

Yesterday's finish was crazy. I can't believe they caught that rash on tape. Probably better than the guy hitting the island head-on.

All I can say is that I couldn't wait and looked online at this morning's results and cannot wait to watch tonight. Alpe d'Huez baby.

All I can say is that I couldn't wait and looked online at this morning's results and cannot wait to watch tonight. Alpe d'Huez baby.

I was listening to the stage this morning via Eurosport.com. I was following what happened but it didn't seem too exciting to me. Hopefully it will be better on TV tonight. ;)

It is so much better without the commercials.

i actually enjoy the commercials. seeing them again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again, just makes me... happy.

did you know that the new saab takes energy from the exhaust and recycles it, turning repetition into joy? :D

its funny that they would choose to air a commercial with 'repetition' in it...

i actually enjoy the commercials. seeing them again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again, just makes me... happy.

did you know that the new saab takes energy from the exhaust and recycles it, turning repetition into joy? :D

its funny that they would choose to air a commercial with 'repetition' in it...

I guess it is money well spent if all of us can repeat the main point. :D

Back
Top Bottom