TDF updates

ArmyOfNone

I wouldnt say that todays stage was particularly exciting. It was a very good stage though. It was cool to see the guys work together and also see how mentally you can drag a whole group out of the race.

RacerChick

Hudson Valley Girl
did you know that the new saab takes energy from the exhaust and recycles it, turning repetition into joy? :D

:rofl: I just turn the sound off on the commercials, the one that makes me vomit is ... "You're not a true champion till you defend that belt!" Tell that to the NY Football Giants!

RC

Shaggz

A strong 7
Ever since the tour started I've had this overwhelming urge to drink mojitos and dance with hot, sweaty women :drooling:. I mentioned that to my wife who said I would be Red, White, Black and Blue if I didn't keep it in check.

ArmyOfNone

Ever since the tour started I've had this overwhelming urge to drink mojitos and dance with hot, sweaty women :drooling:. I mentioned that to my wife who said I would be Red, White, Black and Blue if I didn't keep it in check.

:rofl:

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
I just realized the horrible punk-lite song playing in the tapout spot is a cover of anthrax's cover of joe jackson's got the time.

got the same 4 commercials tick tick ticking in my head.

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
Ever since the tour started I've had this overwhelming urge to drink mojitos and dance with hot, sweaty women :drooling:.
And then get in your Saab and go watch dudes beat the crap out of each other.

NJ-XC-Justin

KY-DH-Freddy
Well, assuming tomorrow is the usual pageantry, it was a good if fairly unexciting TdF. Nothing too crazy, nothing to write home about. A Spaniard on a Cervelo wins. Cadel would have been a better story, and Christian winning would have been awesome. Next year: Come on Danny Pate!
How many times do you think they referred to Jens Voigt as a "big, solid man?"

BiknBen

Cadel Evans just bore's the heck out of me. I'm not glad he lost but I'm happy someone else won. Gaining time in the TT then just limiting your losses in the Mtns is boring. He's also completely void of emotion on the bike and during interviews.

Sastre is no ball of thunder either but his team certainly lit the tour on fire. Major props to CSC for going in with a plan and sticking to it all the way through. Their pace setting during the climbing stages just blew the peloton apart each day. They kept their strategy secret which was kinda cool. You didn't know who was their GC man until Le Alp Duez. One day it was the Shlek bros then Sastre. They rode like the Postal/Discovery boyz but you didn't know who they were riding for. That added a little excitement.

Moral of the story? Sorry Cadel...No Team...No Dream!

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Major props to CSC for going in with a plan and sticking to it all the way through. Their pace setting during the climbing stages just blew the peloton apart each day. They kept their strategy secret which was kinda cool. You didn't know who was their GC man until Le Alp Duez. One day it was the Shlek bros then Sastre. They rode like the Postal/Discovery boyz but you didn't know who they were riding for. That added a little excitement.

Moral of the story? Sorry Cadel...No Team...No Dream!

CSC had a very impressive pressence this year. Every stage they where right up front. CSC's team work on the lower part of the climbs was awesome, cancellera and the other sprinters chugging along...and then further up the climbs the schleck brothers just there and foiling all attacks, since I have started riding road 9 months ago, I have so much more respect for the guys...

SpartaBard

I am much more impressed with Andy Schlek. The way he was pulling every rider back up l'alpe d'huez was amazing. His brother really bombed in the TT. Overall, moderately boring tour in general this year. Not much of a competition for either the green jersey or the mountain.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
I am much more impressed with Andy Schlek. The way he was pulling every rider back up l'alpe d'huez was amazing. His brother really bombed in the TT. Overall, moderately boring tour in general this year. Not much of a competition for either the green jersey or the mountain.

Did you see when Sastra passed frank schlek in the tt and was getting warnings from the ref car for getting in his slipstream? He did bomb that shizzle....

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
this was the first time I watched some TDF and I actually found it very interesting, but I can't compare it to other TDF 'cause I didnt watch them. WTF happened to that dude's bike that split in half? that was crazy, and neither the bike parts nor him hit any other riders :scared:

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
this was the first time I watched some TDF and I actually found it very interesting, but I can't compare it to other TDF 'cause I didnt watch them. WTF happened to that dude's bike that split in half? that was crazy, and neither the bike parts nor him hit any other riders :scared:

was that the guy that hit the tree? that was a crazy crash, really makes me cringe but was excellent for viewing purposes.

Steve Vai

Endurance Guy: Tolerates most of us.
Team CSC was ill, Evans rode like a wuss, he could've won if he actually attacked somewhere. The dude I was most impressed with was Stephan Shumacker, he was super aggressive, he went in a bunch of breaks, was out in front during the big Alpine days and won both of the time trials, awesome!! I think next year he may go for the CG...

But alas the tour is over, now we can watch Shark week!!

-Jim.

SpartaBard

was that the guy that hit the tree? that was a crazy crash, really makes me cringe but was excellent for viewing purposes.

No I think that was the guy who it the road furniture just past a traffic circle. I liked the russian guy who went down the slope on the mountain stage

elzoller

El Guac-Oh
No I think that was the guy who it the road furniture just past a traffic circle. I liked the russian guy who went down the slope on the mountain stage

yes, that guy after the traffic circle, I missed the guy on the tree. The one down the mountain was pretty lucky too, he climbed back up and seem not to be hurt badly.

SpartaBard

yes, that guy after the traffic circle, I missed the guy on the tree. The one down the mountain was pretty lucky too, he climbed back up and seem not to be hurt badly.

I think it was one of the french guys from Team Cofidas who hit the the tree.

Top Bottom