Suggestions for cross country skis

Can't see the link. Don't go with the weight to length thing if you're goin in the woods. I'm runnin at least 20cm shorter than "the industry" recommends. I do have to up the kick rpm in the open against the longer skis but as soon as we get to trees i'm gone. Bein a lil slow in yer classic style isnt gonna send ya to the ER, but rockin 200s in the trees just might:popcorn:

I was rockin my old Karhu XCD 210's on the trails of allamuchy up until now, but I just popped for a new set of Rossi BC70's in 179 length :) Looking forward to trying them out maybe later today in LewMo or over the weekend at Allamuchy!

I've been SO lookin for feedback on these! Are they your first skis or did you have all metal edges prior? I was hesitant due the ceramic section, not knowing its performance and durability:popcorn:

These are what I have:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6244406&l=de531ed01a&id=587366375

They worked very well today.

There was just enough snow, but even still I felt the roots but the skis kept me upright.

They are not super fast but they are perfect since I am almost always breaking new trail.

I actually didn't fall once today which was cool since I hit all the little rollers at 6 mile.

Holy Shazbots J!! 3 PIN!! Take some $ outta that KTM fund and buy the skis in that other link:D

I also recommend the boots jdog has. They've got a lot more support than your traditional xc boot. I've also got Alpina Discovery skis and the NNN BC Auto bindings. Took it out today for my first time, lots of fun and I even stayed on my feet.

Those boots look badass but they'd drag me under doin 1000rpm uphill herringbones and 20+ miles. I need to upgrade my Rossi X2s for sure though. They are WAY to recreational.I love that there are some peeps around now to actually bounce things off. Thanks for the input:D

though i am a rookie on the XC skiing, i picked up a set of relatively fat Rossi's, w/metal edges. Supposedly they are more for the off trail gliding as the bigger base will cut and control through the snow. went with metal edges in the event that I wanted to get a little more aggressive with the terrain.

they sell a wipe on wax, which is super easy to apply and glide.

good luck

though i am a rookie on the XC skiing, i picked up a set of relatively fat Rossi's, w/metal edges. Supposedly they are more for the off trail gliding as the bigger base will cut and control through the snow. went with metal edges in the event that I wanted to get a little more aggressive with the terrain.

they sell a wipe on wax, which is super easy to apply and glide.

good luck

What ski did you get, have you been out yet this year, if so where did you go.

how big are you and what length did you get?

If you dont mind me asking.....

I ALMOST pulled the trigger on these the other day, but am afraid to stray from the Rossis that have been so good to me. I was lookin at 179s and im 6', 173#. Perfectley spec'd pkg.

Back
Top Bottom