Six Mile freezing nicely...

BiknBen

The Halter's crew was at Six Mile this evening. The trails were hard and frozen. A couple stream crossings were still flowing but I doubt they will ever freeze. The concrete bridge area was completely frozen.

I was pretty surprised since the temps were near 40 today. Temps will be dropping for the rest of the week. It should be good for the weekend.

J-Dro

The trails last night were hard and fast. Primo 6MR conditions. There are a few spots with deep frozen ruts that you have to be careful on, but otherwise it's two thumbs up. It was great to meet a couple of new mtbnj faces as well; Spence and Ben.

Wobbegong

The Halter's crew was at Six Mile this evening. The trails were hard and frozen. A couple stream crossings were still flowing but I doubt they will ever freeze. The concrete bridge area was completely frozen.

I was pretty surprised since the temps were near 40 today. Temps will be dropping for the rest of the week. It should be good for the weekend.

This is good news! Lows tonight look to be in the mid teens with a high only around 33 tomorrow. Should be a great weekend for riding.

me and my friends are thinking about trying this place out..just wondering how hard is it to ride this trail compared to round valley?

J-Dro

me and my friends are thinking about trying this place out..just wondering how hard is it to ride this trail compared to round valley?

Different terrain.

RV is rocky, hilly, and mostly straight trails. Some of the hills are lung busters.

6MR is flat, tight & twisty, and more fun then it has any right to be. Gears are not really needed here. Check it out for sure.

The Kalmyk

Couldnt agree more with Jeff.....6 mile is truly a natural roller coaster and if you ride in NJ i wood say it is a ride that should be had....Tomorrow will be a free tour starting at 10am if interested

warcricket

Like a Jerk

oh, most definatly go check out six mile. as far as being compared to round valley, a lot more fun for a lot less work.

Different terrain.

RV is rocky, hilly, and mostly straight trails. Some of the hills are lung busters.

6MR is flat, tight & twisty, and more fun then it has any right to be. Gears are not really needed here. Check it out for sure.

i would've def gone but i dont have my license haha...parents arent to fond of biking with groups either.....:mad2:

BiknBen

...parents arent to fond of biking with groups either.....:mad2:

Parents would rather have you ride around by yourself? One of the benefits of riding with a group is safety. If something happens to you or your bike, a group of people to assist you is a good thing to have.

You need to help your parents to understand. Show them this post. :hmmm:

Parents would rather have you ride around by yourself? One of the benefits of riding with a group is safety. If something happens to you or your bike, a group of people to assist you is a good thing to have.

You need to help your parents to understand. Show them this post. :hmmm:

they rather have me bike with my closest friends which i do but they always say no its too cold or im lazy so i don't get as much riding in as i like

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
mike does any of your friends drive?[/QU

yeah but none of my biking friends. Next November one of my biking friends is getting his license so i guess ill have to wait and grind my teeth into RV.

Round valley as your option will serve you best in the long run.

It might cause you to suffer now but after some time and effort you will be a great rider who can ride anywhere.

Pay you dues there and you will be a killer!

ChrisG

Unapologetic Lifer for Rock and Roll
jdog;50521/ said:
Round valley as your option will serve you best in the long run.

It might cause you to suffer now but after some time and effort you will be a great rider who can ride anywhere.

Pay you dues there and you will be a killer!
Agreed. Having RV as your local trail will do you tons of good. It sure hasn't hurt Maurice, for example...:D

warcricket

Like a Jerk
6m was soooo nice today. eveything was nice and frozen. i broke my rear derailer in the first 2 min so i had to go to my friend's house and get his super old and crusty bike, but other than that it was a great ride.

oh, and thanks to the people that helped with my friend's flat tire.:)

jdog

Shop: Halter's Cycles
Shop Keep
Nice and crunchy tonight.

Many silly crashes. Fun with good friends.

Chris got flashed in the store beforehand.

j

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions