Singlespeed-a-polooza

I can silkscreen some jerseys yo! :D
I was gonna go with "team truck stop" but I thought that might send the wrong message (and if you're thinkin that I'll slap you into assisted living)
I like "Team Dickwad". It's got some seriousness to it

Ok, but only if I get to be the big dick...... the king of the dickwads.

bruce b..... the Big Dick

It occurred to me this morning, as I slipped on the ice in my driveway, that by the time this race kicks off our trails should juuuuust about be ready to ride here in Central NJ. If eating snickers bars, watching Top Gear, drinking tea and playing Bioshock 2 (for the second time) count as training I shall kick ass. If not, I’m in trouble. I learned to ride rollers a couple of weeks ago so my activity level hasn’t slipped to zero… but I get distracted by anything shiny or loud after about 30 minutes on the rollers; so 28 miles has the potential to be quite a wakeup call. Can’t wait.

....a wakeup call? I know. 28 miles? I don't know how I got into signing up for this race! Like you, I too had this realization. But unlike you it was last night while I was sitting on the couch eating a bowl of ice-cream watching the Olympics. My pre-training regime (while the snow melts) is going to include watching repeated viewings of Rocky IV (the last 40 minutes), Rad, and American Flyers.

Not to worry about the 28 miles...believe me, it's all flat except for the hills! Actually, a bunch of us pre rode the proposed course, and although we came up 2 miles short, everyone agreed that it was pretty tame. As always the main concern will be weather, and resulting conditions...did anyone say DH Gallop 2009??? "Hawaiian" Mike and I can safely predict that for SSAP, you will all experience 100% chance of fun, and a very good probability, of extensive Beer showers, so train or not, just be there!

sweet 29'r singlespeed $3000.00
race entry $30.00
gas and tolls $10.00

28 miles of awesome singletrack, free beer, swag, and getting to hang with 250 other like minded miscreants for the day? priceless!!!!!!

It occurred to me this morning, as I slipped on the ice in my driveway, that by the time this race kicks off our trails should juuuuust about be ready to ride here in Central NJ. If eating snickers bars, watching Top Gear, drinking tea and playing Bioshock 2 (for the second time) count as training I shall kick ass. If not, I’m in trouble. I learned to ride rollers a couple of weeks ago so my activity level hasn’t slipped to zero… but I get distracted by anything shiny or loud after about 30 minutes on the rollers; so 28 miles has the potential to be quite a wakeup call. Can’t wait.

It only hurts if you try to go as fast as possible and that never changes no matter how excellent your conditioning is.

My plan is to go out fairly hard the first lap but hold back just a little and then let it rip the second lap. Too bad I'm the type who almost never follows a plan.

the big dick

Im in...

but how does this compare to the DH 40 or should I say my DH30? Hoping this flatter overall.:)

I am getting very excited about this!.. I wish it was tomorrow.. well I wish tomorrow was April 25th and I already had a ton of rides under my belt instead of my "winter coat" ;) I cant wait!

wait, hills? I thought this place was ss friendly.

i havent been to a trail yet that wasnt SS friendly. next time we ride together i'm just gonna beat your ass in the lot until you are a little less of a scared little child:D. as for tossing guts...im gonna drink 3 gallons of eggnog on the way and prob rip a dozen or so raw eggs at the start line

So if you bought a SS in the last few months then your name should be signed up right! "Soundz"...Hell their is at least 2 that signed up and they don't even have a SS yet, what are you waiting for..."liong71er" :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom