Singlespeed-a-polooza

the good news is:i will racing here!
i'll see you guys at the race...

well, well, well Liong! I'm happy to hear that your schedule worked out for SS-Palooza.

This is your race Liong and I will see you there even if just at the starting line coz I'm sure when the horn sound all I'm gonna see is the dust of your back tire. ;)

but how does this compare to the DH 40 or should I say my DH30? Hoping this flatter overall.:)

I did SSpalooza and the "DH30" last year. The "DH30", I heard, was much more hilly last year than usual since they had to avoid certain trails that were just shot due to rain.

I remember MUCH less elevation change in the SSPalooza than the DH30 (which I did on a SS as well), but then again the unbelievably oppressive heat and humidity and the resulting debilitating leg cramps may have colored my perception of the grade change ;)

a little illustration of the two races for me...

a picture from SSPalooza - note the big grin, loving the world:

sdfdsf.jpg

a picture from the "DH30" - note the look of utter pain..but please ignore the womans watch I am wearing ;)
6170_1236307147507_1224085108_30714.jpg

with that said...I am so doing the DH40 this year too!

Wonderturtle - same for me

For some ridiculous reason, I just signed up as well. I had the same DH30 experience and I guess I just need some type of redemption.:cry:

There should be a station with a split in the trail. Chug a 40 you can cut off a climb of some sort. Instead of a $10 prize at the first climb have a 6 pack of a local brew?

Derail this conversation with a gearing question

What gear are most of y'all running with the 29ers? I'll be using a 32 on the front but have a choice of 20, 21 or 22 rear.

Right now I'm running 32-20, but I hope some training will enable me to go 18 or 19. I'll probably be fighting it out for last place :rolleyes:

So if you bought a SS in the last few months then your name should be signed up right! "Soundz"...Hell their is at least 2 that signed up and they don't even have a SS yet, what are you waiting for..."liong71er" :D

So as Soundz has pointed out one of the famous has not signed up yet "Walter". You know what to do what are waiting for. If you know someone who hasn't yet make sure to label them here. Come on you know you want to be part of this insanity...

Ive been wondering about gearing as well.

I usually run 32-20. but I usually ride at Hartshorne which is a bit hillier than SSPalooza. then again, I dont usually ride 28 miles.

I am thinking 32-18 would be the better bet for me, but then again, after mile 25 I might regret it.

32-19 might be the way to go for me.

but then again, I dont own a 19-tooth cog and will probably never get around to it so will probably just go with the 32-20 since, at the end of the day, I really dont give a sh#t.

Ss is for queers. I wish I still had my mongoose californian, kickin it oldskool

Back
Top Bottom