Singlespeed-a-polooza

those days are still alive at plattekill. stop by a dh race.

Dude you have no idea, been there from the very beginning when Benke,Chase,Ebbet and Tribue were kings of the hill. Naked Bon fire jumps were a regular occurrence on sat nights. My cuz was series champ 3years running and my wife too who never lost a race. I was King of Crash, enough so that I made it in MBA. "Awesome"! We usually make a visit every year...

@ maddawg mike SSF states camping by permit in desinated group camping areas, will this be available? If so can you bring a pop-up in to that area? This would be just like the old platekill days for us, preride sat. food and drink in the eve. Stupid human tricks at night. Race on sun. Damn I miss the old days...

yes, we will have a camping area available. space will be somewhat limited so get in touch. just realize that you cannot have open fires, and that there are no facilities other than the port-o-jons for the race. so if you need it, bring it!

if you are going to camp you need to get there by 5:00 on saturday so we can get you in the gate. any later and the gate will be locked. you will then have to ride your gear in and leave your vehicle in the lot.

Worrying about a DUI and quoting the good doctor in the same breath... :D
Is there camping available? I was thinking of getting a hotel/motel somewhere close by. ???

What can I say? I'm a reformed man. I guess I bought into all that responsibility crap they taught us in boot camp. The need to break the sound barrier has forced some of my previous "aspirations" to take a back seat.

What can I say? I'm a reformed man. I guess I bought into all that responsibility crap they taught us in boot camp. The need to break the sound barrier has forced some of my previous "aspirations" to take a back seat.

I hears ya! no worries. I would be royally screwed if I lost my licence... you can enjoy a few, no need to get all retarded and then try and drive.
see you there.

I hope by moving this race up a month earlier doesn't bite them in the ass. This could turn out to be the Super Sloppy polooza. I remember riding the course a few days before last year and was slick/wet although by the race things did dry out nicely.

I remember last year being the best conditions of any race I think I have ever done, which is why I remember it so well. Of course I always hope for the best and think positive but if that happens again we should consider sacrificing geared bikes to the gods.

If its gonna be muddy, I'd rather it be muddy up there. Last years Gallop Race was the most fun I'd had racin in mud. It didnt seem to be that PeanutButter consistency like Tymor, that was hell!

@ madawg when will we start to see a map of race course of sorts? How much of last years course is in? How are the conditions as of now? Inquiring minds would like to know. ;)

the "mayor" has been out working on a course. it will not be the same as last year. will you see some familiar things, yup, but it will be different.
we have been working on a reroute of major mike and just this past sunday opened up an entirely new section of trail which is still top secret!!
we will have more course details available soon.
conditions in stewart are not as bad as i expected. lots of trees down but wwe have been working to clear that. the wet spots are really wet but the high trails are in good shape. we will be working on the trails and course over the coming weeks and will keep you all posted.

what gear should you run? well........................

Maybe i should get up there to help in trail maintenance so i can get the inside scoop! :D

I'm assuming the start will be at the bottom of the fire road climb and the finish will be at the top. 3 passes on that hill will split up the field nicely heading into the single track.

I'm assuming the start will be at the bottom of the fire road climb and the finish will be at the top. 3 passes on that hill will split up the field nicely heading into the single track.

Like a Hartshorn'esque fire road climb?

I have to get up to Stewart and check it out before the 25th.

are you talking about the first hill (at the start) that we went up into the ST last year? we never saw that hill again after that.

Back
Top Bottom