Science is looking up

Saw what must have been a SpaceX satellite train this morning. Until I googled it figured aliens were here and ready to grind us up for parts. Looked much more organic and ephemeral than the photos online. Wood recommend.

Good catch - with the sun a bit below the horizon, it was probably back-lighting the plume.

Neat, and the timing matches up. I just happened to look up at the right moment! Maybe it was at satellite deployment? Looked more like this:

Can you see this like naked eye in the suburbs?

i guess i'm rural - from my house, it comes up over the sourland ridge, stays lowish, and heads east.
this one doesn't get too high - goes above the shadow of the earth, so can see the release against a dark background.
i'm thinking from the watch in wildcat would be a maybe? anything that looks over the ridges over rainbow lakes and south?

Hrm. I’m not gonna be able to talk the kid into a ride especially if it’s a scrub. The old Aircraft Radio property is by far the best skywatching in the area but maybe not on a school night. Appreciate the info yo!

and scrubbed. Tomorrow

Hrm. I’m not gonna be able to talk the kid into a ride especially if it’s a scrub. The old Aircraft Radio property is by far the best skywatching in the area but maybe not on a school night. Appreciate the info yo!

and scrubbed. Tomorrow

it doesn't really go "up" - it goes more downrange. might not work
fun fact: my little league team was sponsored by RFL.

Back
Top Bottom