Science is looking up

Was on the River early and it seemed like the fog might blow up, so boogied on up to the ridge that is almost level with Baldpate. Was going to check another spot but ran out of time. The peak view was actually before sunrise. Used the camera+ app on iPhone 11 Pro and dropped the iso way down and adjusted the exposure. Happy with how it turned out.

View attachment 159517View attachment 159519View attachment 159520
Damn, that's awesome. Couldn't get anything but haze here.

Was on the River early and it seemed like the fog might blow up, so boogied on up to the ridge that is almost level with Baldpate. Was going to check another spot but ran out of time. The peak view was actually before sunrise. Used the camera+ app on iPhone 11 Pro and dropped the iso way down and adjusted the exposure. Happy with how it turned out.
These are great photos! Did you know what you were doing when you messed around with the settings or was it trial and error? I don't know anything about photography and it always seems like there are a million things to know to get the shot right, so if I got shots like this it would be pure luck!

These are great photos! Did you know what you were doing when you messed around with the settings or was it trial and error? I don't know anything about photography and it always seems like there are a million things to know to get the shot right, so if I got shots like this it would be pure luck!
I dont have much knowledge other than what I researched on how to take pictures of the moon (which was a bunch of trial and error) and similar settings worked for this, which is why it looks dark in the periphery. You can get by with some of the iphone native camera app settings, but it limits a lot of options. The camera+ apps has a bunch of manual settings like a regular camera.

Sahara dust cloud is here. Good news - more colorful sunsets (and sunrises but I'm always sleeping). Bad news - iron content fuels red tide:

20210615_085727.jpg

Wallops launch in 20 minutes.

I don't expect to see anything with the low cloud deck and the high sun angle.

Back
Top Bottom