Post your BooBoo's

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
On a lighter note- here’s my most recent injury.
625A3DEA-433A-413D-98F5-67630E157BB2.jpeg

I was casting out into the bay when the hook snagged my sons bike tire, which was laying on the floor behind me. Braided line sliced my finger. That’s gotta count as a “bike” injury, no?

ekuhn

View attachment 138068
I was casting out into the bay when the hook snagged my sons bike tire, which was laying on the floor behind me. Braided line sliced my finger. That’s gotta count as a “bike” injury, no?
Braid is dangerous stuff. Its like a saw to flesh. I learned the hard way a few times.

ilnadi

This past Saturday at Stephens. 5 dissolvable stitches to pull it back together from the great ER staff at Hackettstown ER. I went to MedExpress first, they said it was too big for them.
When I saw you coming down the road I thought you had a mask pulled down, well until you said "is it bad if you can feel bone?". Heal up

Kaleidopete

Pete, with all due respect, we know Red Dot is not a fire road. However, the section we were on was well past Nature Jim's Bridge, well past anything technical on Red, and on the wider sections that lead to camping area, just a freak wreck. As always, appreciate your trail updates and trail maintenance.
I didn't know you knew the trails that good and I thought you literally thought you were on Red Dot.
I know the area and the fire road can really be deadly with those loose rocks. Again, hope @Dingo heals up quickly!

Dingo

I didn't know you knew the trails that good and I thought you literally thought you were on Red Dot.
I know the area and the fire road can really be deadly with those loose rocks. Again, hope @Dingo heals up quickly!
We were trying figure out what sent me, and there was a flat loose rock there about the spot the bike zigged while I zagged. Damn it.

Off The Road Again

Really sorry to hear this. It was good to see you guys Saturday, I was shocked when I heard about your injury. Heal up and keep us posted as to your recovery.
Iggy - it was great seeing you guys too, at all places on Thirsty Dog. I still laugh when I remember you calling down to me, as I'm walking my bike, "Hey Mark, are you training for cyclocross?" Yep, although @Dingo didn't get hurt on crazy stuff, I've gotten hurt enough times to walk stuff I'm not comfortable with, including TD - over my pay grade.

Off The Road Again

If you saw me outside of my mtbnj name, you'd know me, lol. Ridden a lot of races at Waway, including a few Bearscat50 endurance events, and always ran into you and talked. Been riding Wawayanda 20 years with legends like Jim Clawson and Dick Cooper.

Off The Road Again

View attachment 138068
That sucks, glad it wasn't as bad as it coulda been. Braided line is nasty - learned early to always wear gloves when using braided line, especially if going for blues.

iman29

Well I am back with my latest injuries. This one is riding related at least and not stupid kitchen mistake.

About a month ago me and a buddy planned and unofficial GFNJ ride for yesterday since the event was canceled. Small group we ended up with 9 and my middle son drove my car for SAG support and drinks food etc.

Mile 60 before the 3rd major climb we were cruising along Route 31 and this massive steel cap like from a tanker truck was on the shoulder and somehow the 6 riders in front of me missed it and I hit it dead on and it launched me over the bars and onto the road pretty hard.

called the sag car I had first aid kit in there anyway. Cleaned and bandaged up the slice to the elbow. Iced down the arm. popped 4 Motrin and I was able to finish the full ride.

Got various bumps and bruises. Handlebar to the inside thigh too that is turning pretty colors today. the worst if it is my left forearm and wrist I went to urgent care after I got home and showered cause it was pretty swollen and I needed piece of mind that nothing was broken which I knew if it was I would not have been able to ride or do anything. Diagnosis just bad contusion and mild wrist sprain. They insisted on wrapping me up like a mummy but I can’t ice it with that on so I just slept with it wrapped up Somehow I didn’t hit my head either.

Bike has some small scrapes on the skewer which is unreal Considering how hard I went down. The group changed my flat tires while I was cleaning up it was like F1 pit crew.

sitting at my desk now with various ice packs today gonna be an achy day.

3C8287D6-3037-4375-94BE-4A6243BD6628.jpeg
092F92BF-8F3B-46A8-9593-37BD014264B3.jpeg
2D953811-42B1-4DE0-89EE-8E185740617A.jpeg
5304D40E-BCB1-4783-8D72-103AE5BAA4BD.jpeg
9C2C0C76-5EDF-4368-A40F-E9C12293D024.jpeg

80788982-EEFD-4AB6-8764-99EE7A5EDF61.jpeg

iman29

Bike crash. The gift that keeps on giving. 👎🏻Realized this afternoon why my back hurt so much. Plus a matching one is forming on the left buttock but I won’t share that here.

still can’t believe I didn’t shred my kit.

829BD47E-2213-4CEE-B225-E2118762ECDF.jpeg

Top Bottom