Post your BooBoo's

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Broke my right hip while just coasting down a fire road at Wayway. The ball end of thr femur shattered the socket. Could not put any weight on it, my budds help me get on the bike and pushed me 2 miles back to the car. So now waiting for surgery in the morning. Have yet to see the xrays. @UtahJoe it was nice to finally meet you. oh and morphine really works well.
Dude...I just saw @Off The Road Again s post on facebook...dam that sucks! Really sorry to hear. And I cant imagine getting dragged 2 miles thru wayway with a broken leg...When i broke mine I just happened to be 50 yards from an ambulance and still the move sucked. Heal up man, keep us posted on how your doing

Dingo

Dude...I just saw @Off The Road Again s post on facebook...dam that sucks! Really sorry to hear. And I cant imagine getting dragged 2 miles thru wayway with a broken leg...When i broke mine I just happened to be 50 yards from an ambulance and still the move sucked. Heal up man, keep us posted on how your doing
Still trying to figure out why. It happened on red dot just coasting. Next thing I'm on the ground and faceplanted a rotten log after landing on the hip.

UtahJoe

Team Workhorse
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Still trying to figure out why. It happened on red dot just coasting. Next thing I'm on the ground and faceplanted a rotten log after landing on the hip.
Who knows, I had a massive crash back in may (my knee still hurts)...not a clue what happened...piece of trail I have ridden countless times....Just happens.

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member

Heal up! I saw Mark's post too. Glad you made it out without any additional damage.

sending some positive vibes, so take off the al foil helmet for a bit ;)

Patrick

Overthinking the draft from the basement already
Staff member
This past Saturday at Stephens. 5 dissolvable stitches to pull it back together from the great ER staff at Hackettstown ER. I went to MedExpress first, they said it was too big for them.

ouch - damn, did you get a nap after getting a shot there?
i'd be out like a light with one on the chin.

heal up!

pooriggy

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Broke my right hip while just coasting down a fire road at Wayway.
Really sorry to hear this. It was good to see you guys Saturday, I was shocked when I heard about your injury. Heal up and keep us posted as to your recovery.

Ron

ouch - damn, did you get a nap after getting a shot there?
i'd be out like a light with one on the chin.

heal up!

Actually I yell right down to one of the coach’s that asked if I was okay. I have a hard chin. And I am to stubborn to get knocked out. The weird thing was watching my face going right for the log and knowing I was gonna be taking this one hard.

and luckily I had enough first aid training I was able to self bandage myself and ride out. It was on the big rock feature at the bottom of cooler.

Last edited:

qclabrat

Damn, heal up @Dingo and keep us posted on your recovery. My cousin had a similar injury and was off a bike for close to a year, but he wasn't in your riding condition at the time. Lmk if you want to chat with him for recovery advice.

serviceguy

Broke my right hip while just coasting down a fire road at Wayway. The ball end of thr femur shattered the socket. Could not put any weight on it, my budds help me get on the bike and pushed me 2 miles back to the car. So now waiting for surgery in the morning. Have yet to see the xrays. @UtahJoe it was nice to finally meet you. oh and morphine really works well.

Sorry to hear that, heal soon.

Dingo

Dr screwed the shattered socket together. I was on the table for 5 hrs. 5 to 6 months before it can take full weight. I guess biking is out for a year...ugh
20200826_071741.jpg

Top Bottom