Post your BooBoo's

JDurk

Ooof. Mine was classic skier's thumb caused by the grip when I went OTB on a step-up attempt. My thumb was so slack after it that it couldn't even resist slight pressure, just bent right back..
This was the opposite of skier's thumb. Riding home after my crash, couldn't use my thumb for the dropper. Had to use my palm.

JDurk

Club off and back in a splint. Stitches out next Thurs. Still looking at 3mos with no "contact sports".
20211221_143752.jpg

ilnadi

I had similar. I had a meniscus repair (Grade 2 tear) in 2011. I figured it was torn again. Nope, MRI was completely normal and repair looks good. Diagnosis is patellar tendonitis. Basically, overuse and over-old. I added a few more rest days and it made a noticeable difference.
Mine was combo partial tear plus calcification on the patella. Apparently they catch on each other. It wouldn't hurt but my leg would refuse to straighten. Usually happened rock climbing. Went away when I stopped climbing. And rest

Mathers

Its been a couple months but might as well post up the damage.
I took a bad one on Tempest at Mountain Creek. I landed in pile of rocks on my back after getting squirley on a landing and hitting a tree. At least it was on the last day of the year.
Luckily I wasn't alone but I had to ride down to where the old Red Bull cabin drop is then get shuttled down from there.
I was expecting to go to he ER and get a diagnosis of broken ribs and be home in a couple hours...not the case. I knew once they took my oxygen level and took me passed the full ER it was a little more serious.
I ended up breaking 3 ribs punctured a lung a chipped a vertebrae. I had to have a tube inserted into get my chest cavity to get my lung back to normal.
I was in the hospital for 3 days and out of work for a month. Just starting to feel 100%.
The hole is where tube was.

Attachments

• 3D8DA218-AD50-4CAF-BB0A-C178BB82E1D6.jpeg
    3D8DA218-AD50-4CAF-BB0A-C178BB82E1D6.jpeg
    49 KB · Views: 105
  • 77F3CECB-6D32-423E-9F63-22615BB21ECE.jpeg
    77F3CECB-6D32-423E-9F63-22615BB21ECE.jpeg
    52.6 KB · Views: 113
  • DE381429-509C-49BB-BBF0-E9BFE1BA7BB0.jpeg
    DE381429-509C-49BB-BBF0-E9BFE1BA7BB0.jpeg
    42.3 KB · Views: 112
  • 76B811BC-3E54-4436-88F4-779D0E63C84D.jpeg
    76B811BC-3E54-4436-88F4-779D0E63C84D.jpeg
    44.4 KB · Views: 112

BPaze

I took a bad one on Tempest at Mountain Creek. I landed in pile of rocks on my back after getting squirley on a landing and hitting a tree. At least it was on the last day of the year.
Luckily I wasn't alone but I had to ride down to where the old Red Bull cabin drop is then get shuttled down from there.
I was expecting to go to he ER and get a diagnosis of broken ribs and be home in a couple hours...not the case. I knew once they took my oxygen level and took me passed the full ER it was a little more serious.
I ended up breaking 3 ribs punctured a lung a chipped a vertebrae. I had to have a tube inserted into get my chest cavity to get my lung back to normal.
I was in the hospital for 3 days and out of work for a month. Just starting to feel 100%.
Glad you are ok and recovering, that looks intense!!! Hope to see you out riding soon on your road to recovery.

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
Dude.... that is so metal. F**K yeah!!

:banana:

iman29

Holy crap glad you’re on the mend.

ekuhn

Yowza. Hope you are steadily on your way back to 100%

JDurk

Been almost 6wks since surgery and 4wks since stitches came out. Visit with occupational therapist yesterday, 2wks late because of a Covid-19 test, even though it was negative, because rules. Green lighted to begin wrist and thumb active range of motion. Man, both are very limited and a little painful. Follow up visit with the surgeon tomorrow.
20220125_144013.jpg

Wrong Way Dan

Team MTBNJ Halter's
Here we go. I went out to Breckenridge to ski for the week. Took maybe 5 runs. Just skiing down nothing crazy and next thing I know I am out of my skis, and I ended up with this.

Attachments

• IMG_20220131_173446.jpg
    IMG_20220131_173446.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_20220129_171119.jpg
    IMG_20220129_171119.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_20220129_152307.jpg
    IMG_20220129_152307.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 109
Top Bottom