Post your BooBoo's

a.s.

Mr. Chainring
3E991AD8-266D-42C2-BDD5-CFF7AE614EBE.jpeg
9-weeks
, is 9-weeks subtracted from the new toy's lead-time 👍

Cassinonorth

No, but I’m not 100% sure. I haven’t given it a good check since my neighbor hung it up in my garage 3 weeks ago. 😬

Putting that on my to-do list today!

Godspeed. Hoping for the best...that will diminish my chance of buying it greatly someday.

serviceguy

In spite of minimal riding in the last few weeks (or ever), for the last 3-4 weeks my left knee has been acting up. I don't really feel any pain, more like it would just seize and require more effort to move when bent at a more acute angle. Not always there either. Didn't crash on it (to my knowledge), it jus happened to be there. You know me, I don't try hard...anything. Latest development is that today it started to make sort of a popping sound when I straighten the leg flat...sure, if it keeps feeling weird I'll see a doctor, but in the meantime is that reminiscent of something common to happen or that someone has already experienced before and would recognize the symptoms? I'm a little overloaded with doctors and hospitals at the moment so I'll procrastinate as much as possible if I can...maybe @Patrick can drill a hole in it? :shrug:

Bikeworks

In spite of minimal riding in the last few weeks (or ever), for the last 3-4 weeks my left knee has been acting up. I don't really feel any pain, more like it would just seize and require more effort to move when bent at a more acute angle. Not always there either. Didn't crash on it (to my knowledge), it jus happened to be there. You know me, I don't try hard...anything. Latest development is that today it started to make sort of a popping sound when I straighten the leg flat...sure, if it keeps feeling weird I'll see a doctor, but in the meantime is that reminiscent of something common to happen or that someone has already experienced before and would recognize the symptoms? I'm a little overloaded with doctors and hospitals at the moment so I'll procrastinate as much as possible if I can...maybe @Patrick can drill a hole in it? :shrug:

Could be a tear in the meniscus?

Big Dumb Animal

Hippo Nipples' #1 Fan
I've had the same thing happen several times since ACL surgery back in 2008. The first time was playing hand ball, the side to side motion made a horrible popping noise and I almost fell. The knee swelled up but after 2 weeks it was fine again.
A few months ago I was at the end of my ride and a physical pop accompanied straightening my knee to pedal. I took a week off and weirdly enough, pedaling is the only motion that doesn't hurt. Going down steps hurts, lunges, any time my weight is over my knee. I'm so used to pain in that knee I'll just do extra stretching and baby it for awhile. I assume it's my meniscus, what's left of it anyway. Ice really helps too.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

Maybe this will help?

Bikeworks

Post op thumb ligament repair yesterday after a J.R.A. crash on Halloween. 10-12 weeks for recovery, so no riding outdoors. Will be purchasing a Wolftooth Remote LA.
View attachment 173401
I had partial tears of both ligaments, but no Stener lesion. This happened in June, still not back to normal. Good luck with the post-op healing and rehab!!!

Carson

Sport Bacon
Team MTBNJ Halter's

I had similar. I had a meniscus repair (Grade 2 tear) in 2011. I figured it was torn again. Nope, MRI was completely normal and repair looks good. Diagnosis is patellar tendonitis. Basically, overuse and over-old. I added a few more rest days and it made a noticeable difference.

serviceguy

I had similar. I had a meniscus repair (Grade 2 tear) in 2011. I figured it was torn again. Nope, MRI was completely normal and repair looks good. Diagnosis is patellar tendonitis. Basically, overuse and over-old. I added a few more rest days and it made a noticeable difference.
Appear to be the case for me s well. I haven't had the chance to ride in a couple of weeks and it's all good now, it has been for a week.

JDurk

I had partial tears of both ligaments, but no Stener lesion. This happened in June, still not back to normal. Good luck with the post-op healing and rehab!!!
This was a complete tear of the thumb RCL. I think it was caused by the Wolftooth dropper post lever. Fell hard to my right side and my left thumb got wrenched.

Bikeworks

This was a complete tear of the thumb RCL. I think it was caused by the Wolftooth dropper post lever. Fell hard to my right side and my left thumb got wrenched.
Ooof. Mine was classic skier's thumb caused by the grip when I went OTB on a step-up attempt. My thumb was so slack after it that it couldn't even resist slight pressure, just bent right back..

Top Bottom