Post your BooBoo's

Jrzjoe

Yikes. Hurt so bad it made you puke on the floor?
Nah. It hurt but I shook it off pretty quickly. The real pain was 48 hrs later when the swelling subsided and the bruises really set in. I feel like you have to offer some flesh to the trail gods now and again. Keeps everything on an even keel. Didn’t miss any work either. Good times

Kaleidopete

Not terrible, but, swollen right knee. It's been better and worse on and off over the last week+
Went to High Mountain orthopedics today, they fixed up my left knee last year after I tried breaking rocks with it.
They did a great job last year.
So today I figured the same routine. Not a chance, Xrays, ultra sound, and guess what, it's a raging infection!
What da hell, how'd I get that? No broken skin I see. It hurt so bad it almost kept me off the bike a few days,
but taking it easy worked fine. Now it's 10 days of anti-biotics. This place has the best doctors too, they always are
through and professional. I reminded them that I have an auto immune condition, just in case it wasn't in my files.
Good thing, because they were going to give me a anti biotic that is NOT compatible with my condition. They
kept me in the office for another 45 minutes while they researched what I can take and even called someone
outside to confirm their research. I now go back in a week to see how it's doing. Good doctoring in my book.
OK Bad
Dsc08593.jpg

knobbyhead

Next off the Island.
View attachment 187712View attachment 187713happened at six mile of all places. Pedal hits an immovable object, bike stops, I don’t.
Good thing it happened infront of a couple of people so my ego was equally bruised. Have a bunch of bumps and scrapes but these were the most photogenic. That calf is a weird one.
For me it always happens at 6 Mile! I always crash their. It must be those invisible monsters !!!

Big Dumb Animal

Hippo Nipples' #1 Fan
I've got one too, class 2. Was told PT would stave off most of the downsides, and surgery wasn't really necessary, unless I landed hard on it again. Any muscle damage, or just the ligament?

On the plus side, I can freak people out if I relax my shoulder muscles.
No muscle damage and no breaks. They said PT could return most of my mobility but I wouldn't get all my strength back and the collar bone would always stick above my shoulder. He also said with this kind of tear, 90% of those who opt for PT come back months later for the surgery because they're not happy with the results. Surgery please.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
Checking out some moto hill climbs at nesh with the NICA team last night, we were hitting these rock rollers to a fast, loose fall line with a moto berm at the bottom. The last time down, i hit the moto berm and started to lose my front wheel, went down with the ship and slide on my side. I was slower to get up then normal (i am a pop up/i'm fine type) and I am walking toward my group and the one kid is like, look at your knee. While it wasn't bleeding like crazy, it was pooled and I sprayed it with my bottle to find a nice gash. With in a couple min I said, "lets go" and the kids were like WUT. Rode out fine and cleaned it up in the parking lot. I knew it was close to stitch material but ultimately decided no. Multiple kids told me they never saw me crash before, lol.

During a proper cleaning, it was oddly minimal pain, simply pure luck where I hit it, couple inches down and it would have been worse.

Rode this morning and knee didn't hurt really at all, but the scratch on my thigh/butt check was bothering me more and I have some weird bruising on the back on my leg. This leg has been taking a beating this month, multiple spots of poison ivy rash, one black spot poison ivy, slammed the top of my knee on my bar on Saturday, some bruising around my ankle for some unknown reason and now this, lol.

Counting my lucky stars with this one.

705497CB-D23A-4A91-90CE-4F91A6A0C39B.jpeg

Nice contour.
2D404AB7-24A4-487A-B422-99D4C7C47E08.jpeg

AB66D78F-3875-464C-A122-C89C3AB5AA81.jpeg

Bikeworks

Checking out some moto hill climbs at nesh with the NICA team last night, we were hitting these rock rollers to a fast, loose fall line with a moto berm at the bottom. The last time down, i hit the moto berm and started to lose my front wheel, went down with the ship and slide on my side. I was slower to get up then normal (i am a pop up/i'm fine type) and I am walking toward my group and the one kid is like, look at your knee. While it wasn't bleeding like crazy, it was pooled and I sprayed it with my bottle to find a nice gash. With in a couple min I said, "lets go" and the kids were like WUT. Rode out fine and cleaned it up in the parking lot. I knew it was close to stitch material but ultimately decided no. Multiple kids told me they never saw me crash before, lol.

During a proper cleaning, it was oddly minimal pain, simply pure luck where I hit it, couple inches down and it would have been worse.

Rode this morning and knee didn't hurt really at all, but the scratch on my thigh/butt check was bothering me more and I have some weird bruising on the back on my leg. This leg has been taking a beating this month, multiple spots of poison ivy rash, one black spot poison ivy, slammed the top of my knee on my bar on Saturday, some bruising around my ankle for some unknown reason and now this, lol.

View attachment 197176

Nice contour.
View attachment 197177
View attachment 197178
Keep a close eye on that, I don't like the wound profile, and the penetration of detritus looks pretty extensive, especially if this is post-scrubbing.

w_b

View attachment 197176

Nice contour.
View attachment 197177
View attachment 197178
Soak dat ish in warm water for 15min after your shower for a few daze. Blot dry an keep an eye on as was mentioned.

Soundguy

#SenditGuy
Team MTBNJ Halter's
I hate those direct knee shots. I always fall left for some reason, so my left knee is all deformed. There’s a permanent lump from my old reverb plunger.

I wouldn’t stitch that tho…keep it clean and let her breathe. I’ve made so many wounds worse by wrapping them (usually for work purposes) when they needed air.

BananaFred

Nice contour
2 things:
1 - hydrogen peroxide will kill everything in there. Then put some cornstarch in to clot the bleeding.
2 - I found a way to significantly reduce getting poison ivy...bathe with a scrubby. It seems silly, but since I started religiously using a scrubby, no poison ivy (and I continue to be an utter rube in the woods). It also cuts down on the dry skin issues in the winter (albeit because you are scrubbing off the dead skin). Old guy issues...

JDurk

2 - I found a way to significantly reduce getting poison ivy...bathe with a scrubby. It seems silly, but since I started religiously using a scrubby, no poison ivy (and I continue to be an utter rube in the woods). It also cuts down on the dry skin issues in the winter (albeit because you are scrubbing off the dead skin). Old guy issues...
This is the go to link to share when discussing poison ivy. As a full on red/green colorblind dude, I can pretty much identify it visually, but if I know I've brushed against it, then I do what's mentioned in the video.

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad

View attachment 197176

Nice contour.
View attachment 197177
View attachment 197178
So this was healing nicely and was down to just a 1/4” x 1/2” scab. While doing some trail work this morning, I went to get on my bike using the 1/2 crank while mounting method and my front wheel is stuck on a root and I did this awkward fall on top of my bike maneuver. i hit this knee, and all other appendages on my bike. Get back to car less than 5 min and stop to get coffee a few min later. When I get out of the car, feel a warm wet spot on the knee of my pants so I check it out and shit is dripping, wtf.

Took off the 1” dia around the wound that had been new skin, as I am cleaning it, was dripping all over, guess I hit it just right.
D8DF8B6A-8361-4388-A63E-04FCEB6EC7C9.jpeg

iman29

Well it’s been a while since I crashed but today of all things I crashed at mile 74 of a 75 mile gravel ride. On the road on the way back to the car. 🤦🏻‍♂️

Stupid mistake I did a quick glance at the garmin to check the next turn and some sweat dripped into my eye. Next thing I know I hit the drop off between the road and the shoulder and went down on my right side.

Lucky nothing major and I popped back up and was able to ride the bike back. Shifters all scratched and month old rear der may be hosed. 👎🏻

Few leg scrapes but inside the elbow is a little nasty. And my right side is probably gonna do the 7-10 day purple patch club.

The full finger MTB gloves I was wearing totally saved both palms of my hands from getting anything worse than a few little scratches.

Could have been worse so I’m not complaining since nothing broken especially with the holidays coming up.

8C848F1B-F571-45F6-BE73-7166E83871F4.jpeg
D3868448-D47D-4CAC-9653-B228040E099B.jpeg
5BF4DA87-2BC7-47F7-B735-219B4CAE0139.jpeg
1BF18E74-570C-4D9C-AD5D-F0174E6F51CB.jpeg

stb222

Love Drunk
Jerk Squad
So this was healing nicely and was down to just a 1/4” x 1/2” scab. While doing some trail work this morning, I went to get on my bike using the 1/2 crank while mounting method and my front wheel is stuck on a root and I did this awkward fall on top of my bike maneuver. i hit this knee, and all other appendages on my bike. Get back to car less than 5 min and stop to get coffee a few min later. When I get out of the car, feel a warm wet spot on the knee of my pants so I check it out and shit is dripping, wtf.

Took off the 1” dia around the wound that had been new skin, as I am cleaning it, was dripping all over, guess I hit it just right.
View attachment 199153
428E6724-FEEB-4E25-A18A-5884D60C15C8.jpeg
Doh, same knee
428E6724-FEEB-4E25-A18A-5884D60C15C8.jpeg

Top Bottom