my public statement, cuatro menos uno

Yay!!
More babies that aren't mine!!!

Jake, you're gonna have so much fun.
You have two mini-mommas to help out now, and to baby-sit later. Congratulations.:)

Good job! To the mom. I'm pretty sure you just stood there and almost cut the nurse's finger instead of the cord ;)

Cheers

Huh. I didn't notice. Where Mr. Obama gets off trying to upstage the birth of my son I'll never know. :D

So yesterday @ 8:57 am, Aiden Jacub came screaming into the world. All is well and mommy and baby are doing just fine.

This post contains NO mention or relevance to biking on the road or trail.

I'd post a pic if I could figure out how to do it on the BB.

Awesome!!! Congrats man!

I hear ya all. Running blows.

I think I'm a creature that needs the scenery to change more rapidly. Biking makes it go by fast enough to satisfy me. Running does not. It's a great workout yes but I get so bored it becomes laborious and ugh... Since my training started up I'm running for 10 minutes before my hour of lifting with a 5 minute run to cool down. I like the workout but despise the running. But if it gets me to my goal I'll be happy. So suck it up and do it!

The holidays weren't good to me at I topped the scales at 183.4 one morning(the accident and yummy food aren't a good combination) and since then I've dropped almost 10 lbs and I'm feeling much better. Usual race season weight is right around 170 although 160 or 165 would be much nicer. Hence the new goal.

In closing...keep up the torture. The nice weather will be here soon!

Hurray for Baby Bonefish
party.gif

I just want to give a big Thank You! to walt for the fantastic gift! Walt, thank you!! I'm hoping that this will keep me somewhat sane over the next couple months.

I just want to give a big Thank You! to walt for the fantastic gift! Walt, thank you!! I'm hoping that this will keep me somewhat sane over the next couple months.

Hey, I don't know how I missed this. Oh thats right, I've been intoxicated for the past 48 hours:D

Enjoy, I'm sure its not the best option but its something.

What are we talking bout here??????????? I know things that can keep me busy for months but prob not bike related.:rofl:

What are we talking bout here??????????? I know things that can keep me busy for months but prob not bike related.:rofl:

walt sent me the holy grail of training DVDs. now all i need is a portable DVD player to put them in. maybe circut city has something...

hopefully i'm going to get out on a bike today. really! i haven't looked at the forecast so i have no idea what the weather looks like other than cold. if it's too cold i may get on trainer. if it's too cold for that, the treadmill. i'm not terribly motivated to do anything at this point. i slept almost not at all the last three nights, the worst of which was friday, the first day we brought the boy home. as if being tested by higher powers, my daughter riley decided that it would be a fantastic time to get violently ill. so after spending 45 minutes disinfecting the kitchen and myself, we got her to bed. thankfully she was up at 10:45 re-living the 7:45 explosive illness. this happened six more times between the hours of 12:00 and 6:00 netting me exactly three 45 minute sessions of sleep.

and i wonder why there is no motivation? all i want to do rignt now is sit on my arse.

welp, i'm finally starting to feel better and may have actually found a system to beat my son's sleeping habits. granted, they require i go to bed at like 9:30 but whatever. if it nets me 6 or 7 hours of sleep than i'll deal. plus it'll give me at least a little energy to get things rolling again. literally.

i don't know about you folks but for me this winter has been painful. this is my third one as a "dedicated" cyclist and it's been the worst. the past two years we had very little snow and really no winter to speak of so riding was good n' plenty. heck, i remember fondly the day (or days) last jan riding in 70* weather! this is also the first time i've been bummed about winter which is a big shift in my thinking as i love the snow. this year, however, the snow is seriously fisting me. i wish i had bought cross country skis. actually, no i don't. right now they'd be sitting too. next to my bikes. bah.

i miss winter fun
piles of snow had brought smiles
motivation ends

Last edited:
I'm with ya' Jake-ster....

This is my second winter since I started riding again and it has been a tough one for riding. It was sloppy wet, then icey, then single-digit cold, and on and on...:cry:

I converted the SIR9 to a 1x9 for winter (easier to finesse snowy hills)...should've just left it a SS.

look at it this way tim, you'll have something to do when you want to convert it back.

It's just a tough day, Jake.
Glad you're feeling better, but the weather is a downer.

You'll love winter again when your son can appreciate the snow, snowmen, sledding, icicles, snow angels and fresh snow sundaes with chocolate syrup, whipped cream, sprinkles and a cherry on top.

If you haven't done snow sundaes with the girls yet, find yourself some fresh fluffy stuff and make some magic.:)

Back
Top Bottom