my public statement, cuatro menos uno

I went for a jog today. I considered setting up the trainer since the next 3 days look lousy. But opted for knee pain outside instead of brain pain inside.

Winter has almost defeated me.

I went for a jog today. I considered setting up the trainer since the next 3 days look lousy. But opted for knee pain outside instead of brain pain inside.

Winter has almost defeated me.

YOU went for a jog?? wow.

but yeah, i hear ya. i REALLY want to get on the bike and ride but between the ice everywhere, the artic air and the pending baby, i have to take what i can get. right now what i can get is a half hour on the treadmill or trainer. f'ing ponderous but at least i'm doing something other than eating mcdonald's and drinking beer. the next two months are going to be really tough to say the least. actual bike time is going to be very limited so, like you, winter has almost defeated me too. :(

I got out Tuesday, but yeah, the snow/ice on the road makes it tough. The CX bike never made it to usability, and the only MTB I have together right now is the SS, which isn't very good on the road unless I want to go really slowly.

Tomorrow looks bad but next week looks better. Well for me. For you, no such luck.

Did a 3 hour ride at CR today. Time to start piling the hours. The riding was awesome, I don't know how I managed to not take one fall, especially coming down towards Gilbride rd. Ice was hiding under the snow, but luckily I know more or less the areas at risk. I put warm water in my bottle, but in the end what remained in it still froze solid. Couple more hours up there tomorrow, hopefully.

Jake, the year that my little girl was born is when I picked up biking again, dropped 30 pounds and started racing more or less seriously. Don't write off riding time just yet.

And good luck!

thanks maurice...so you're saying there's a chance!

2079118961_08150e7b12.jpg

so i got in about 40 minutes on the treadmill on Saturday and yesterday i got in a big fat goose egg.

today i am heading to LM around 12:30 or so. i was planning on slapping the nokians on(mostly because right now i've got about three rides on 'em and i'm not getting my money's worth) and taking what will likely be my last mt. bike ride for awhile but they're hard to mount when they're warm...freezing, not at all. either way i'm not going to push myself too much today, i'm just going to enjoy the ride.

tomorrow morning at about 8:00 i'll get to finally meet my son. his name will be aiden jacub (not a typo, that's how the bonefishjake's grand daddy spelled it coming through ellis island...he also spelled philip with an "f", as in filip, so apparently he was smart like a tractor too). to say i'm excited, scared sh!tless, nervous, thrilled and terrified all at once isn't adequately describing it. i have identical twin girls already having a baby won't be new. what will be new is having 1) a baby in the house after 4 1/2 yeas and 2) a boy.

so, there ya go. i probably won't be here for a few so hold i'll have to leave it to the other blog folks and regulars to hold down the fort. wish me luck all. as of tomorrow, i'm a new daddy!

Jake, best of luck to you and the family!

Pm me your addy, I'll mail you a present. I promise it won't be soft and stinky:D

Totally off topic but whats you ps name? I play MW and WAW if you want to get some rounds in.:getsome:

off topic? in here? this "blog" is the very definition of off topic! anyway, my screen name is very creative and innovative. better than [amc]TeXaSkilla69 or [1]badmutha. ready? it's...yes, bonefishjake. i know. but people fear the bonefish online! actually, they don't. i suck. some guy killed me about six times in a row with a sniper rifle last night. he was probably 12.

That's an interesting new look you're sporting there Jake.

All the best to you and Mrs. Bonefish as you embark on your new adventure. We'll all be keeping you folks in mind around here.:D

thanks chris, much appreciated.

so i rode LM this afternoon and it was about the slowest ride i have EVER had. the new snow from last night made things pretty slick and just about everytime i got out of the saddle i slipped out. but, whatever. while i was hoping to go out and ride hard, i didn't really care. i got first tracks (on a bike) on just about the entire 05 race loop and it wasn't until the very last climb on orange that i saw any others. looked like someone was just starting last year's loop as i was finishing.

so, there ya have it.

so i heard there was a presidential thing yesterday??

Huh. I didn't notice. Where Mr. Obama gets off trying to upstage the birth of my son I'll never know. :D

So yesterday @ 8:57 am, Aiden Jacub came screaming into the world. All is well and mommy and baby are doing just fine.

This post contains NO mention or relevance to biking on the road or trail.

I'd post a pic if I could figure out how to do it on the BB.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom