Mountain Man Biathalon

Mountain Man Results & Pics

Anyone know where I can find the results from yesterday's race? Also, who was taking pics out on the trails? Any co's website we should look for? Thanks.

First time for me too.

I was looking at jkmacman pic's and who do I see running? Me at the finish line. guess that means i made it. I did a 2 sprint tri's this year and figured id do a this bi. I signed up a week before and borrowed a bike. went the day before to scope out the trails. I was happy i finished and looking forward to next year. I may even train this time.

I was out there taking pictures, I'll start a picture thread when I'm done uploading later tonight.
Little Red Riding Hood was easy to find though :)
403910470_QuyJz-L.jpg

ouch, ouch, ouch

This race was my third time on a mountain bike, and maybe 10th time on a bike in the past 10 years, but I guess you have to start somewhere!

BTW, I was Little Red Riding Hood. I thought I was clever.... haha.

I'm sooooo sore,..I really hate running. LRRH, you cook on the run. I past you on the hill,...remember granny gear upfront, and just shift with the right hand,.......and you past me on the 2nd run! Awesome. Keep up the biking, hope to see you and all the other folks that were having all this fun.

And yes, I canvased the parking lot cars with Mtbnj.com biz cards,...hope we got some newbies!

This race was my third time on a mountain bike, and maybe 10th time on a bike in the past 10 years, but I guess you have to start somewhere!

BTW, I was Little Red Riding Hood. I thought I was clever.... haha.

Hats off to riding that hybrid BadBoy like it's meant to be ridden. That is pretty bad ass for Little Red Riding Hood.

I'm sooooo sore,..I really hate running. LRRH, you cook on the run. I past you on the hill,...remember granny gear upfront, and just shift with the right hand,.......and you past me on the 2nd run! Awesome. Keep up the biking, hope to see you and all the other folks that were having all this fun.

Thanks for the encouragement! It does get easier though, right ;).

newbie here

And yes, I canvased the parking lot cars with Mtbnj.com biz cards,...hope we got some newbies!

Hi there, I got one of your cards and met RNG1 at the Mtn man - I will be checking out the site as time permits. Looks like you've got a great group here!!

it's the 4th time I've done that race, always a great time

it's a faster course then the one they used to run at Mahlon Dickerson

Man that was a great day and a lot more fun than I thought it would be as I was a first timer. It certainly helped that the weather could not have been any better. I had some dumb front derailier mechanical issues that had me stop 2x to try and figure out why my chain was jamming but I really can't complain givin that I cracked my frame 2 days before and was able to have a replacement built up in the same day. It was really hard to go back to running for the last leg and at one point I was ready to start walking just to recover as my quads were screaming and then I saw someone walking far ahead of me and it kept me determined not to walk to try and catch him. In the end I finished 5th in my age group and won some kind of rock glued to a piece of wood that I am awaiting to receive. Definitely plan to do again and would even consider training for a shorter xterra thing now...

Mountain Man Biathlon 08

Has anyone found posted results from this past Sundays 10-26-08 Mountain Man?

Not sure why it won't attach. I'll try again as a pdf.

Attachments

• 2008MasterResults.PDF
    4.6 KB · Views: 113
Crap it only did the first page, wait try this

Attachments

• 2008MasterResults.PDF
    25.6 KB · Views: 197
At least they have cleaned up. :hmmm:
pics taken 11/1/2008
There really is no reason for this.

Seems like the only thing they took down was the stuff on the road by the pavillion. Everything else was up. I didnt take pics of everything. I got half way around the park and started to get pretty pissed off so I started snapping away.

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0128.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

IMG_0129.jpg

Last edited:
Very odd. Maybe they just forgot?

I filled my pockets today with paper plates taken off the trees.

I did mention to my friend "I hope they're not leaving these up for another race I don't know about..."

-Steve

Back
Top Bottom