Mountain Man Biathalon

I'm in, I've been doing plenty of running and got my 1.5 mile times down to 9 and change. I've also established the 1-24 age groups is like the weakest out there so my chances are even better. It's always those crazy 35+ folks that dominate everything :mad2:

Trail running is a whole different ball game. I'll be there to prove that 1-24 group is weakest false... at least for the running part.

Trail running is a whole different ball game. I'll be there to prove that 1-24 group is weakest false... at least for the running part.

Most of my running is done at holmdel park, while not crazy, is a decent place to run for a good hilly 3 mile XC course. I still have doubts, everything I've ever competed in or looked up results for (nothing pro obviously)....the twenty something crowd gets blown out a majority of the time heh.

Got the green light to sign up!

Time to lose 5 lbs. and ramp the my running, My age group winning time is about 1 hour 21 minutes, 50+.

Thats going to be tough to beat..I will give it hell though.:D

This has always been a pricey race, but this year it went up a bit. $60 -- and that doesn't include the sweatshirt. ($75 if you want it.)

I want to do the race, but come on. Even given the stuff they give away at the end, that's too much for a simple duathlon at Lewis Morris. Who wants to set up our own duathlon at Ringwood? $2 entry fee to cover trail markers, one open class, no prizes?

This has always been a pricey race, but this year it went up a bit. $60 -- and that doesn't include the sweatshirt. ($75 if you want it.)

I want to do the race, but come on. Even given the stuff they give away at the end, that's too much for a simple duathlon at Lewis Morris. Who wants to set up our own duathlon at Ringwood? $2 entry fee to cover trail markers, one open class, no prizes?

Come on dude, I want to do it. I'll drive and there's your 15$!:)
How's the mrs.?

Ouch, I hear you there...
I'm registered, it will keep me running at least once a week.

I can't do this race anymore :mad2:

I'll be at the OSU vs PSU game in C-bus, Ohio :)

AND the best part is I'll be going to ray's mtb park again :D

Mtn Man

I'm already in. Gotta get the sweatshirt! Have to be honest, this race is just brutal. Miles of true trail running, plus 2 laps in lm. The beer afterwards is good, nice swag he throws out at the crowd too which is pretty funny. Did I mention the beer is decent and you get a decent sweatshirt outta this? 1/2 the people there are hungover from Sat. night (I will be). I think this is the first year its not on Daylight Savings so the hole gain an hour of sleep isnt a factor which kind of sucks. Good crowd overall. The best was the fight they had 2 years ago. Some guy who I think won cheated or was accused of it. Lol.

I'm very much considering it. I'm REALLY not in the shape to do such a thing. One lap wears me out. One lap PLUS running 4 total miles is gonna kill me. TWO laps? I dunno how I'm gonna do that...

-Steve

Do it

This weekend, I decided to run the course and was feeling Ok. I was just about done with the first run and coming down the hill toward the stream and totally wiped out. I took about three giant steps without any traction at all and rolled over the gravelly rocks. This is without even getting on the bike. I fell on both hands, my left arm, my left leg, and my left shoulder. All scraped up, bloody, and I lost my watch. I got up and ran/limped to my car. I pulled out the bike and grinded out two laps. I could feel the palm of my hand sticking to the inside of the glove with some hemoglobin. Apparently I also pulled a muscle or something in my chest because deep breaths hurt a bit.
I Love the Mountain Man, sucking chest wound and all.

mtn man

the running is the worst part of that race. its all sh*ts and giggles anyway though. half the people are doing it in costumes.

This weekend, I decided to run the course and was feeling Ok. I was just about done with the first run and coming down the hill toward the stream and totally wiped out. I took about three giant steps without any traction at all and rolled over the gravelly rocks. This is without even getting on the bike. I fell on both hands, my left arm, my left leg, and my left shoulder. All scraped up, bloody, and I lost my watch. I got up and ran/limped to my car. I pulled out the bike and grinded out two laps. I could feel the palm of my hand sticking to the inside of the glove with some hemoglobin. Apparently I also pulled a muscle or something in my chest because deep breaths hurt a bit.
I Love the Mountain Man, sucking chest wound and all.

Dan, I actually wasn't worried until I read this!
I once read a great article about triatholon racing and this guy had this great quote. He said something like you reach an age where you feel like you need more of a challenge, other forms to truly push yourself, and where else could you be so economical as to suck at 3 different sports in one event!...
Kind of my approach for this.

Rob, I just thought it was funny that I got all smacked up without even getting on my bike. Lewis Morris is not a real extreme place to ride (or run). Of course the last time I wiped out on my bike was in my driveway. This is a really fun event, and most people seem to approach it with a casual, fun attitude. Not scary.

I would do this in a second if not for the running. Ever since I broke my leg my running days are over. Can I use a pinch runner? :D

Back
Top Bottom