Mercer County Park Conditions

Pointboy

Mercer 2/26

Went to Mercer today and about 75% of the trails are dry, thats right dry - not even soft and this was at 3pm. Some trails are really muddy and other parts are under water but there is enough dry stuff to make a decent ride. Supposed to be in the lower 50's tomorrow so get out and ride.

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I haven't been out to Mercer since the thaw but it's my home turf. I'd say since it's been relatively dry for the past week you should be good 2 go. The usual low spots will be wet but 90% or better should be good.
I went to Clayton last weekend and it was really starting to dry out and was totally ride-able.
I'm going to try to get out this weekend as well.

Rusty

OK, so if things go as planned, I will be riding Mercer tomorrow at about 10am. I figure I know how to avoid the typically wet spots and I read there has been some TM. Any idea on current conditions?

michael.su

JORBA Board Member/Chapter Leader
JORBA.ORG
I haven't been to Mercer to ride but I was there for Maintenance a week or so ago. It was in pretty good shape with a few soft spots. It's had a few more days to dry now as well, I'd say go for it.
One of the areas you might want to stay away from is the section of the orange trail leading up to the dam along the creek (Van Nest Tract) It's one of the last to dry. (if ever...lol) but you probably already knew that ;)

let us know how the conditions are please, I'm thinking of riding Mercer on Thursday :)

Last edited:

thebbforever

Rode mercer yesterday...trails are in the best shape i've seen them...hats off to the TM crew...

Nows the time to go before the vegetation and thorns get out of control...

Rusty

OK, here is my mini trip report. I agree with thebbforever on the conditions. Was riding from about 11 to 1:45...Conditions were stellar. I had a laugh when I got back home because there was LESS mud on my shoes than when I put them on!

Rode all of the Blue...must say other than the mud entering from the boathouse entrance road onto the short fireroad section and another a few hundred feet in, it was all good. I have ridden Mercer for over 10 years and first time on the northernmost section of the blue.
Again, other than the mud in short spots, it was really nice. I'd suggest that when you get to the first clearing that there be some trail markers for the sharp right onto the gravel road...I ended up in some dudes back yard briefly...

Then I had to use the Alt route back to the east lot due to the mud....that was the only bummer of the day.

The yellow and orange were damn near perfect and fast and cut back very nicely and un-mercer like...dare I say almost 6 mile-esque..especially yellow.

Hoping the rain this week is minimal, as I am really looking forward to checking out van nest and the rest....with the ride from home and back it racked up 21 miles and I am hurting, but really happy.

THANKS to the TM crew, really nice work.

Rusty

Rusty

Sunday 5/22 Nice!

This morning got 10 mi in and the trails were in great shape. Thanks TM crew, effort was appreciated. Hardly any mud, so don't hesitate!

Pointboy

Yeah we rode there on Saturday and the trail conditions were mostly fine; a little slick in a few spots but nothing horribly by any means.

Was at the park today. A couple trees down along the "nature walk" by the tennis courts. Didn't go behind the courts but towards the maze and that side of the park seemed fine.

The downhill by the dam was flooded though.

Rusty

5 Reasons to ride Mercer this week/weekend

Go ride Mercer, was there this morning for a good 1.5 hour ride.

1. it's not muddy even tho you think it is. really
2. saw a heron and a 6 point buck who got caught up on some branches trying to flee when I spooked him and it was hilarious.
3. leaves are really not that bad, they are crunchy not slippery
4. someone, probably Mick, did a nice job on the bridges since the hurricane
5. place needs some traffic to mince up the leaves and keep it happy for the winter. it was really fast and fun, with only a couple of leg/face slappers on one very short section.

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions