Mercer County Park Conditions

How quickly does Mercer recover from rain?

It's supposed to rain for a bit tonight, and then it's clear all day tomorrow, think it would be safe to ride tomorrow without messing up the trail?

Mercer doesn't drain well at all. As a general rule the further the trail is from the lake the drier it will be. I would give it at least a few warm days before riding.

Mercer doesn't drain well at all. As a general rule the further the trail is from the lake the drier it will be. I would give it at least a few warm days before riding.

Ah crap, I already brought my bike to work with me. I'll lightly tour the park since it's my first time going.

I'll let you guys know how it is.

Ah crap, I already brought my bike to work with me. I'll lightly tour the park since it's my first time going.

I'll let you guys know how it is.

Well it's been super hot the last two days so you might find the trail relatively dry. I say go for it. At least you'll familiarize yourself with the good dry spots and the wet ones.

Trails were pretty nice yesterday, there were about 4-5 areas where it was extremely muddy, but it seemed like everything else was fine. All the reviews about this place were pretty accurate, it seems like it has obstacles and sections for all levels of experience.

The only awkward part is riding the paved trail right after hitting a muddy section and having chunks of mud hit innocent joggers & walkers. Sacrifices must be made.

Rode today, stayed west of the marina. 99% dry, but I have noticed that that half of the park drains better than the east half.

I actually think that most of MCP drains really well especially considering how low it is. There are parts that drain horribly or that never drain at all but its really easy to make a nice loop while excluding those areas. I rode close to 15 miles there last night on mostly dry trails.

I was out there with my buddy for a while today and it was pretty dried, better than most times that i have been there actually.

I will be in Princeton Thurs/Fri and I am hoping to ride early Fri am ( 7:30ish)
I have never been to Mercer Co Park. . can anyone ride with me / give me a tour??

Ellen, I would as it is 5 mins from my house, and you're a visiting dignitary, but 7:30am is too late for me on a workday. If it were 6ish, I can probably do it. How long are you looking to go for? Caution, Mercer may not be super exciting.

I see. . well thanks for the offer. If you're riding anyway, perhaps I'll get going that early! Can you ride for 1.5 hrs?
How far is the trailhead from downtown Princeton?
PM me

I am riding out at Mercer today (slow, green pace) around 5:30-6ish if anyone is interested. I'll be rocking red shorts and a bulky blue helmet. :popcorn:

Today @ 3:00pm

Starting at the West Picnic parking lot looking to explore new trails. Anyone down for a nice ride? Tan Cavalier and bushy eyebrows. Look for me!

I noticed that there is a section of the park which has a seesaw, a bridge and two pretty tall ramps. Do you guys usually hit up this part of the park? or is this more of a bmx'er spot?

I didn't really take note to see if this was a part of a trail or not, if so would it be the red trail?

I noticed that there is a section of the park which has a seesaw, a bridge and two pretty tall ramps. Do you guys usually hit up this part of the park? or is this more of a bmx'er spot?

I didn't really take note to see if this was a part of a trail or not, if so would it be the red trail?

I've seen it. Most of it looks like it's about to fall a part. It's not built very strong at all.

The seesaw is built and works well. I ride that and the low ramps....I would not touch the high stuff with a 10 ft pole. I have too much at stake to break my neck on that stuff. What I do carries enough risk!

The seesaw is built and works well. I ride that and the low ramps....I would not touch the high stuff with a 10 ft pole. I have too much at stake to break my neck on that stuff. What I do carries enough risk!

I don't think you'd be able to touch that stuff even with a 10ft pole. It's ridiculously high

Trail Conditions

Current Conditions