Lyme Disease Thread

Was at 6mile and saw a tick on me for the first time - flicked it off just in time. whew!

One thing I do is vacuum my car often. Also working on getting a roof basket so i won't have to store anything inside my vehicle.

More precaution = more trail time!! Les Riiiide.

Are you guys use any bug repellant? I do sometimes (when I remember) but so far I'm OK.

Any recommendations on a repellent? I've been using some from CVS that isn't working too well.

I pulled close to ten very small ticks, probably deer ticks, off of my legs this past Saturday at Wharton and a few at mercer county park as well. All of them just crawling, none have actually bitten me so far **knock on wood**.

I rented this on IO Digital last night... For any Cablevision users it can be found under the "documentary" category

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxWgS0XLVqw

Been up since 3am so decided to watch this on netflex thank you. Having 3 of my four kids contract this it is haunting how this country looks at this. I am always concerned with how I personally feel on a daily basis and always relate every little nuance to Lymes. This had a lot of information which I was unaware of and it was a good Documentary...

I am always concerned with how I personally feel on a daily basis and always relate every little nuance to Lymes.

Recently I have been feeling fatigued. Specifically mid day. So I decided to head to the doctor office to discuss this with him and he sent me home with a check list for a blood test that I was to take the following day. I'm guessing maybe 10 things were checked off but lyme's was not. I took it in my hands to check it off for him before heading in the next day.

My Dr removed a deer tick from my shin a few weeks ago & gave me two Doxy pills. Got sick on Fri and I'm really sick going on 6 days now- flu symptoms. Started Doxy on Fri and will take it about 3 weeks- so we'll see what happens. Feel like death. And Sunday morning, found another deer tick in my other shin when I woke up. Even tried to race LM Sunday after puking up my Doxy, lol and ended up dnf'ing which I think I've only ever done once before.

I am always concerned with how I personally feel on a daily basis and always relate every little nuance to Lymes.

I know exactly what you mean. After I had it a few years ago, I do the same thing. Legs cramping more than usual? Must be Lymes. Headache after a hot day in the saddle? Gotta be Lymes. It sucks. Lately, I've been dealing with lots of cramping, and every time I do I think that it's because the doctor was wrong when he gave me a clean bill of health and that it's just been latent for the last two years. That's where I go to right away, even though the fact is that it's probably because I'm 9 races (6 of them enduros) into a season before July for the first time in an age and every single mile I've ridden this year has been on a singlespeed (which is something I've never done before.) You'd think all of that would give me a better persepctive, but my first thought every time I start to feel tired on the bike is that it's got to be the Lymes.

1617326310924.jpeg

Man I thought Lymes Vaccine was developed 30 years ago? I had Lymes in the late 80s when I was 9 or 10. I was later given a 2 shot vaccine that was supposed to prevent me from ever getting it again. I know it was 30 years ago and I was a kid but I SPECIFICALLY remember the doctor saying after these shots, I'll never get it again.

Anyway tick season is here. Had an engorged deer tick where the sun don't shine last week. Happy happy, joy joy.

Man I thought Lymes Vaccine was developed 30 years ago? I had Lymes in the late 80s when I was 9 or 10. I was later given a 2 shot vaccine that was supposed to prevent me from ever getting it again. I know it was 30 years ago and I was a kid but I SPECIFICALLY remember the doctor saying after these shots, I'll never get it again.

Anyway tick season is here. Had an engorged deer tick where the sun don't shine last week. Happy happy, joy joy.

Lyme vaccine was approved in 1998 - I think I got it in 99. They stopped making it a few years later.

Back
Top Bottom