Kingdom Trail Trip

S

Shar0se

Anyone interested in joining a trip up to Kingdom Trails the weekend of July 26th? camping and biking.....:)

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Anyone interested in joining a trip up to Kingdom Trails the weekend of July 26th? camping and biking.....:)

Too bad we'll miss you. DD- and I are going to be camping there 18-21st of this month. Then it is off to North Conway and then to Kenda Fest (research trip for JORBA fest). :) (BTW, July 26th is the Kenda Bike Fest in Hancock, MA. You might want to check that out. Neat mountain biking destination.)

Enjoy Kingdom Trails -- it is a fantastic place to ride! Nothing but big smiles there! :D

Last edited:

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Just curious. . where is kingdom trails?

It is in Vermont -- the Northeast Kingdom portion of Vermont, to be exact. About 1/2 hour south of the Canadian Border. They have about 100 miles of the sweetest single track. Really buff, tight stuff that you can just soar through. I think of it as an amusement park for bikes. :D

Basically, the trails all exist on private property. The property owners have donated the use of their land to the Kingdom Trails Association, who maintains the trails and builds new trails. Overall, very mountain bike friendly and the people that own the lands are awesome.

In interested in further info, here is the website...

http://www.kingdomtrails.org/

Pokgirl

Spork

I was so psyched when I saw the subject heading. I so want to go there! But I have Empire State Games that weekend. SHOOT!

Man, if the date had worked out, I would have been the happiest camper there! :)

VelocityBoy

"Sleeveless Joe"
Just got back with a group.

The trails were in excellent shape...great time!

Attachments

• ktgroup.jpg
    ktgroup.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 198

tonyride

Don't piss off the red guy
I can also vouch for the place. I've ridden there twice (with Allamuchy Joe and DD-, among others) and we all had a great time. Bring a camera as there will be plenty of photo opportunities.

THATmanMANNY

Make it happen

Is this open to males as well???

Im interested in both kingdom trails in the kendafest. It would be awesome to get both in. I would consider taking a couple days off.

Also, check out Mountain Bike Magazine June 2008 issue page 46. The article is all about Kingdom Trails and it's future. It is a really good one to read. So grab it from a friend or something that has the mag.

Cyclopath

Shop Owner / Employee
Shop Keep
VB arranged an awesome trip and much fun was had by all.
NJ rocked the Kingdom and managed to dispel some myths about Jerseyans..
Just look at the size of that group!
We all left just as happy.

I'd love to go back, but for me, July and most of Aug are booked.
Got any other dates in mind?

BTW, How the heck did you get home at 3, VB?
Private jet? I JUST got in.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Just got back with a group.

The trails were in excellent shape...great time!

Nice group. Ours was about that big last year, too. Whoever developed the idea to do this trail system is a genius. The place is very popular, especially on weekends -- all which translates into money for the local economy. Rooms at the B&B's and houses are rented, people patron local restaurants & stores, etc.

Actually, its a great model to point to when discussing the economic power of mountain bikers. :D

DD-

Im interested in both kingdom trails in the kendafest. It would be awesome to get both in. I would consider taking a couple days off.

That is exactly Allamuchy Joe and my plan for vacation this year :D We leave Thursday for 5 days at KT, then 3 days in NH, before heading to Kendafest.

S

Shar0se

camping advice

where are you planning on camping?

Funny you should ask because I was just logging on to find out about good places to camp?? It would be great to find someplace with a lake to swim- we don't mind driving a little ways away from the trails to do so.

And yes males are invited too-- lol. Just PM if you are planning to go and we can figure out ways to meet up at the trails.

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
Funny you should ask because I was just logging on to find out about good places to camp?? It would be great to find someplace with a lake to swim- we don't mind driving a little ways away from the trails to do so.

And yes males are invited too-- lol. Just PM if you are planning to go and we can figure out ways to meet up at the trails.

We are staying at this place between 7/17 and 7/21:

http://www.whitecapscampground.com/

We can't vouch for it, as it will be our first time camping up there.

DD-

We will post up when we return, but that won't be until 7/27 - aren't you going up there 7/26?

B

BigJay

Hey DD-, thanks for the advice to visit this site! Very helpful!

I'll share my "knowledge of the North".

Lake Willoughby is pretty close to Kingdom Trails and there is camping near by. It's a really deep lake surrounded with 2 small mountains that have hiking trails on both.

In Barton, there is Crystal Lake and there is a rustic camping on the northern edge of the lake. As the name says, the water is crystal! You can see the bottom of the lake even when 8ft deep! Amazing place after a hot day of riding at Kingdom Trails! You'll be about 25-30min from the trailhead. Another 25-30min North-West is the town of Montgomery CTR (corner of 242 and 118). There are some great trails up there and it's also the place i call home as far as trail maintenance and building goes.

If you get tired of riding ultra buffed-up and crowded trails at Kingdom Trails, head to Montgomery and expect about 15-20mi of real singletrack with flow and no one in sight. Beautiful scenary... do a search in the MTBR Vermont forum for "Montgomery" and you'll see many of my posts... Great riding up there!

I don't know where you're going in NH but we'll be in southern NH for the last 3 days of our trip... We'll ride FOMBA, Bear Brook and Forth Rock.

Have fun!

Top Bottom