Just riding along...

or i could just bring my little shovel and fill in the offending hole. actually, is that considered TM?

i'm still shocked that frame cracked. i've really tried to crack the trek and so far haven't been able to. steve, i'm sure your trance would hold up just fine.

:D :getsome:

yeah, the lip on that one made me think twice. i would probably back wheel hop/trials style off of it before trying to straight drop it.

I rode Jungle Hab at 7:45 am this morning. 17 degrees at the start. owa.

water bottle was frozen by the time I got back to the car. that was a surprise. good to get out tho. i needed it.

ss at the rock maurice?

Aren't you....

Maurice said:
I'm 155 (winter weight also ;) ). I don't exactly ride like a little girl either, but this morning it was so cold I couldn't quite fully trust my hands so I rode "conservatively".

Hopefully the replacement is the newer design.

Cheers,

Maurice

Aren't you the Champion in your age and Category for the Campmor H2H race series? "Ride like a little girl," I say not! Although, your daughter was up on many of your podium wins. Hummm, is she secretly your coach?.......

mergs said:
I rode Jungle Hab at 7:45 am this morning. 17 degrees at the start. owa.

water bottle was frozen by the time I got back to the car. that was a surprise. good to get out tho. i needed it.

ss at the rock maurice?

Cheers Mergs, it was nice to see you at the H2H party. Great speech.

I've had the water bottle freezing on me thing many times. The water freezing in the camelback tube a half-hour into a ride also puts things in perspective... In the winter I drink very little though, I can ride for 3 hours on half a bottle.
The solution: high strength alcohol, has the advantage of weighing less than water with a lower freezing point :D Plus you feel invincible.

SS everywhere for now. Chimney Rock, Ringwood, Allamuchy...

NJ Jess said:
... Although, your daughter was up on many of your podium wins. Hummm, is she secretly your coach?.......

She usually sleeps in the trailer. Even KVSP won't wake her.

I'm in trouble for next season with respect to the podium thing...

aha! so a kiddie trailer is maurices secret training weapon... towing a kid around behind him through the trails.

on saturday, the upper part of my water bottles kept freezing, so on the occasion that i would need to drink, i would have to stop and unscrew the lid. ditto on the drinking less in winter though. i guess we sweat less.

i wonder if a small amount of alchohol in a bottle of water would affect the freezing temp noticably? perhaps a shot of whiskey in a large bottle. certainly not enough to get one drunk during the ride. although....

I must be cursed...

Last week:

- had a flat
- broke my frame

The week before:

- destroyed a freewheel (not fun)
- broke a spoke
- fork blew up (again...)

Since Saturday everything had been holding up fine.

Then this morning, cranking up Allen road in "the Hills", pop there goes a spoke. At the bottom of the 2-mile climb of course. Now I have to ride 20 miles back home without touching the rear brake, or else I have to push it around so it doesn't drag on the rim...

And I'm out of spare spokes.

On the upside I called the warranty dept. for my frame and all I had to do was send them pictures of the cracked frame. Should get a replacement next week if all goes well.

Cheers,

Maurice

aha! so a kiddie trailer is maurices secret training weapon... towing a kid around behind him through the trails.

on saturday, the upper part of my water bottles kept freezing, so on the occasion that i would need to drink, i would have to stop and unscrew the lid. ditto on the drinking less in winter though. i guess we sweat less.

i wonder if a small amount of alchohol in a bottle of water would affect the freezing temp noticably? perhaps a shot of whiskey in a large bottle. certainly not enough to get one drunk during the ride. although....
Booze as anti-freeze sounds good.

Failing that, putting your bottles in the cage upside-down is a mountaineering trick to keep the valves from freezing. Unless you have leaky bottles...

On the upside I called the warranty dept. for my frame and all I had to do was send them pictures of the cracked frame. Should get a replacement next week if all goes well.

Cheers,

Maurice

WOW that is real customer service!

Booze as anti-freeze sounds good.

Failing that, putting your bottles in the cage upside-down is a mountaineering trick to keep the valves from freezing. Unless you have leaky bottles...

OOOOO! that's clever. i'm gonna try that. but i'll still probably spike the water....

Just received a tracking number indicating that... the frame should be waiting for me when I get home.

That is the front triangle only, and unfortunately I discovered another cracked in the swing-arm yesterday when I was taking the linkages apart.

Snapped a couple pics., and they're shipping the swing-arm today.

It's a +1 revision of the frame, hopefully it will hold up.

Anyway, kudos to those guys for such an outstanding customer service.

Maurice

What the,.....

I can't believe how fast they were going. Amazing. And then to have to stand up while they cut off your clothes. Gee, I think all he could see was stars.

Back
Top Bottom