Just riding along...

now that is nice. did they replace the shock also?

No they just sent the frame (in two pieces). Shock is the same size, just need new bushings. I actually get to keep the old frame. Not that it's rideable but I'll display it in the living room as battle wound.

If all goes well tomorrow I'm riding it. It's the +1 model, so hopefully I won't see the same failure. The front triangle is the same, but there's no weld at the place where the original crack happened. The rear triangle is completely different and looks less likely to fail. Also it seems like it should be a good deal stiffer laterally.

Maurice

I am slated to ride it over lunch break. I don't expect a different ride it's exactly the same geometry/suspension design. It may be a bit stiffer laterally.

The build looks good, I'll post a picture as soon as I can (have yet to snap one).

The bike is kind of a porker at 29#. That's what I want however.

I'll post an update.

Maurice

As expected no surprise, bike rides just like the old one.

I had a few issues with the shock not having enough pressure (plus I forgot the pump...) and the dérailleur hanger was not straight making for interesting noises and mis-shifts.

Even with those issues the bike rides great. It really is one of the most underrated suspension setups. The ride is very smooth in all conditions: little to no brake jack, little to no bob. You can really hammer out of the saddle and get the most out of your effort.

Quite the dependable ride when it doesn't crack. Let's hope this one holds up, I'm getting tired of swapping parts. Now my fork is starting to weep again and is making scary clunking noises in rock gardens...

As expected no surprise, bike rides just like the old one.

I had a few issues with the shock not having enough pressure (plus I forgot the pump...) and the dérailleur hanger was not straight making for interesting noises and mis-shifts.

Even with those issues the bike rides great. It really is one of the most underrated suspension setups. The ride is very smooth in all conditions: little to no brake jack, little to no bob. You can really hammer out of the saddle and get the most out of your effort.

Quite the dependable ride when it doesn't crack. Let's hope this one holds up, I'm getting tired of swapping parts. Now my fork is starting to weep again and is making scary clunking noises in rock gardens...

the DW-Link is good stuff. def under-rated by the general public.

Oh no...

It's happening again. The welds holding the seat-tube top pivot are starting to go.

Must be a lemon, it's not 2 months since it was replaced.

Maurice

HaaaHaaa Haaaa

Maurice,

Perhaps you are too fat. Try losing weight. :)

Norm

Yo Maurice! I want to sell tickets to the race you whoop up on Norm! We could make a killing,...all donated to the trail building venue of your choice too! Try losing weight,....really,....the man doesn't get wet when his is riding in the rain,...oh,...maybe that's cuz he's so fast,...hummm

So I sent the frame on Monday and received another one yesterday.

The bike in the snow is with the new frame. There's an extra weld where the old one was cracking (no they didn't just weld the old frame, although it may not make a difference...).

Unfortunately I can't afford to put it on eBay. No one would buy something like that anyway. The main reason I keep it is I need to ride, so that's what I'm going to do. The turn-around is great, and they seem to have a stash of frames my size...

Norm, I'm going to drop some weight soon, gonna get a hair cut...

Maurice

Back
Top Bottom