Just riding along...

Maurice

New Member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Rode Chimney Rock this morning. Boy are the trails fast when they're frozen solid. Got to ride trails that I haven't ridden recently.

My bikes are only shiny when they come out of the box, so at the end of the ride something bright above the front dérailleur clamp caught my eye. Sure enough, the paint chipped where a crack is developing. Exact same spot where the frame actually snapped last time (scaring the crap out of me in the process).

Can't say the bike doesn't have some good miles in it; still a bummer, plus I have to clean it now.

Cheers,

Maurice
 

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
wow, what frame? how old is it?? how bad do you beat the bike if at all?

i beat the crap outta my trek and nothing.
 

Maurice

New Member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It's an IronHorse Hollowpoint, a replacement frame I received in the beginning of 2005, but I believe it's a 2004 model. Didn't use it for a year, then rode it for a month last winter. Went back in the box, then took it out of hibernation sometime in September this year, and before that had ridden it for about a month last winter.

Probably six months of use total. But when it's in use, it's in use :D
 

Maurice

New Member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Warranty of course, I need that bike. Last time they honored it with a 2-week turn-around time.
 

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
one thing i forgot to ask: how big a guy are you?

i'm around 225 right now (it's winter weight...really...:D) and like i said, i BEAT my fuel pretty good and i not a damn thing happens to that frame. nada. heythorp has sent me flying off of things for just that purpose.

it's good to hear that customer service is actually doing what they're supposed to!
 

SpartaBard

Well-Known Member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
bonefishjake said:
i'm around 225 right now (it's winter weight...really...:D) and like i said, i BEAT my fuel pretty good and i not a damn thing happens to that frame. nada. heythorp has sent me flying off of things for just that purpose.
Yeah, I heard stories of you flying off the concrete pad at KVSP. I saw a kid snap the frame of his bike doing that.
 

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
Sparta Brad said:
Yeah, I heard stories of you flying off the concrete pad at KVSP. I saw a kid snap the frame of his bike doing that.
seriously??
 

Maurice

New Member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
bonefishjake said:
one thing i forgot to ask: how big a guy are you?

i'm around 225 right now (it's winter weight...really...:D) and like i said, i BEAT my fuel pretty good and i not a damn thing happens to that frame. nada. heythorp has sent me flying off of things for just that purpose.

it's good to hear that customer service is actually doing what they're supposed to!
I'm 155 (winter weight also ;) ). I don't exactly ride like a little girl either, but this morning it was so cold I couldn't quite fully trust my hands so I rode "conservatively".

Hopefully the replacement is the newer design.

Cheers,

Maurice
 

SpartaBard

Well-Known Member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
bonefishjake said:
seriously??
Yeah, I believe it was you they were talking about last Sunday when we rode past the concrete pad.

Do you know what I am talking about?
 

Norm

Mayor McCheese
Team MTBNJ Halter's
It was definitely Jake because Heythorpe and I mostly talk about Jake when we ride.

"Hey I bet Jake likes canned tuna."

"How can you know that? Have you ever seen him eat tuna?"

"Most people like tuna. It's just statistically likely."

And so on...
 

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
normZurawski said:
It was definitely Jake because Heythorpe and I mostly talk about Jake when we ride.

"Hey I bet Jake likes canned tuna."

"How can you know that? Have you ever seen him eat tuna?"

"Most people like tuna. It's just statistically likely."

And so on...
i'm on the fence with it. strictly speaking in terms of nutrition for lifting, it's fantastic.

Sparta Brad said:
Yeah, I believe it was you they were talking about last Sunday when we rode past the concrete pad.

Do you know what I am talking about?
yep, i know exactly what you're talking about. so far i'm the only dummy who has done it.
 

Allamuchy Joe

Not White House Approved
JORBA.ORG
My buddy Lenny like to do that concrete pad jump, but he's a skinny Doofus! :)

Me, I know I am too fat for that one. My poor Trance would be in two or more pieces.
 

SpartaBard

Well-Known Member
Team MTBNJ Halter's
anrothar said:
is this the concrete wall at where the singletrack by the lake runs into a little dock?

No, different one, back to the south closer to the airport, next to a storage building.

It is smaller than the one you are thinking of.
 

bonefishjake

Strong like bull, smart like tractor
Team MTBNJ Halter's
anrothar said:
is this the concrete wall at where the singletrack by the lake runs into a little dock?
no, but i want to jump off that one too.
 
Top